-29 Picnics are the worst way to eat a meal with people. amirite?

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

That's why picnic tables exist. Aside from that, yeah, bugs are like THE thing that makes it annoying to be outdoors, at least to me personally. I love the outdoors, so always gotta bring bug spray or picnic somewhere relatively moutainous so that there aren't as many bugs around.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Are there no bugs up in the mountains or something?

by Just_Ad1614 2 weeks ago

Actually, there are, but not hugely prevalent. Much of the west is pretty dry as climates go...things are much buggier in humid climates. The only time I've ever had an issue really is if we're very near a stream of other body of water, then it's mostly mosquitos...flies can be an issue in certain areas in June for some reason, so we avoid those areas until July or August.

by wildermansadie 2 weeks ago

Picnic tables with wasp nests underneath half of them & getting splinters. even better! I love going outdoors, but a picnic just isn't it.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Do you live in bug county? Like wtf xD

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Prob Pacific Northwest

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Or Midwest- trying to eat outdoors here is a fool's errand.

by Acceptable_Hawk5983 2 weeks ago

I've always wanted to visit the Midwest I think because of the MX vs ATV games I played growing up

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

We get more rain then bugs up here 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Bugs thrive where it rains, and I'm in the thick of it with ya bud, also prepare this summer for a super dry season, and extra bugs lol

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Just move east of the Cascades, very few bugs over here in the high desert!

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Yeah..youre full of it. Stay in the house Susie

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Bugs and wind are the enemies picnics.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

There was a deal at our local grocery a few years back: an entire rotisserie chicken, a container of potato salad, and a 2 liter Coke, all for $5. My family and I had plenty of picnics at our town beach through that deal. Picnics are great.

by wdare 2 weeks ago

Exactly. Because you make them so. Good company. Good food. Probably games like football, maybe some catching mitts, water balloons, etc However if you hate the outdoors I can see them not being the most fun.

by Mysterious_Ranger 2 weeks ago

If the food is "mid ass" that's not the problem of the picnic. That's a you and your friends suck at food prep and/or cooking. There is no reason not to eat spectacularly at a picnic. Of course if you don't want to have a picnic in the park that's fine with me as that makes it much less crowded for me, so win-win.

by milford60 2 weeks ago

Hot foods get cold. Cold foods get hot. It's like there's no good temperature food to bring.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

You can get an insulated bag or a cooler for really cheap these days

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Man if only there was some sort of insulated box that could be filled with ice that can keep cold things cold... Guess I know what invent. I'm thinking of calling it a colder

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

You bring food that is perfect at room temperature. Sandwiches and sushi.

by Joey17 2 weeks ago

Ya ain't gotta bring it in a wicker basket that's just on yogi bear

by Hot-Set-4847 2 weeks ago

lol the food temp is so spot on. Plus I'm not hungry because the sun is blinding me and I'm a 240lb man trying to sit like a preschooler.

by Dry-Butterscotch8908 2 weeks ago

Then eating probably shouldn't be your highest priority anyway.

by Impressive-Muscle-23 2 weeks ago

Damn

by schambergerjess 2 weeks ago

"Sit like a preschooler" sounds like you need to start stretching.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I think that's their point. You could pack better food. You don't have to eat crappy sandwiches.

by heathboehm 2 weeks ago

Really fancy cheeses, nice cured meats

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Cured meats are eaten cold

by heathboehm 2 weeks ago

Your opinions are bad, and you should feel bad lol

by Grahamcameron 2 weeks ago

Serious question, have you never had cold pepperoni or salami before? Basically like a charcuterie board? You should try it if not. They're pretty good!

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

This fella is a bit of a looney

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Bro has never eaten anything other than a ham sandwich

by Fisherrudy 2 weeks ago

Alright so your unpopular opinion is that you don't like fancy cheese. Also why would cured meat be warm? What?

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

gasps in French

by Agreeable-Service404 2 weeks ago

who hurt you

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

my ex

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I've known people to bring hot things like fried chicken, mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, etc. in thermos type packages. I personally tend to bring a homemade pasta salad, fresh cut veggies with a tasty dip, focaccia bread, hard boiled or deviled eggs, chocolate covered strawberries or soft cookies, and lemonade/sweet tea. Usually we go hiking before/after the picnic so usually we don't do heavy foods, more light/snacky food. Hubby loves to get some fancy jerky that he normally wouldn't otherwise buy because of the price. Most of the stuff we make at home because the store bought ones usually are kind of sad looking/bland tasting. Other than the jerky that is. Really it won't be restaurant quality food but the point is to be out in the sunshine enjoying the scenic views rather than a more urban setting/lots of people. I do hate bugs and agree there is a prime picnic season to reduce the amount of bugs! When depends on your location but for us April to mid June is pretty good for mid morning to mid afternoon.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Last time I went to a picnic, I brought pulled pork and mac n cheese.

by AssociationLanky8727 2 weeks ago

Sorry, but someone who comes with Olive garden and than says, Sandwiches and Fruits can't be a high quality meal, is just so funny xD.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

You had me till Olive Garden.

by Particular_Stuff9827 2 weeks ago

If you think olive garden then I don't trust your opinion on mid ass food.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Clearly you don't enjoy nature the same way as me

by Aureliovolkman 2 weeks ago

Where I live, the bugs aren't really an issue and the views are good. We prefer picnics to restaurants with screaming kids and surcharges.

by Shieldsyvette 2 weeks ago

You can leave whenever you want. It's like a bar for food.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

you can leave a restaraunt whenever you want as well. nobody is holding you at gun point forcing you to stay

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Has someone held a gun at you to stay at a picnic?

by rogahndorothea 2 weeks ago

Shoulda seen last Saturday night..

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Bring a folding table and some folding chairs. Problem solved. Oh, and pack better food. But I love insects. They fascinate me. One of my hobbies is studying local species.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I'd argue that a worse way to eat a meal with people, would be in jail.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Lasagna is better the day after. Or the decade after. Or the millennium after.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

It's quiet and the views are amazing

by wuckertalbin 2 weeks ago

I don't live anywhere that has bugs as a daily and constant battle so that element is OK. A large picnic blanket is all that is needed. It isn't the most comfortable but it is easy - you can all sit in a park, kids can run and play, you can pick at food, no need to book a table or sit at an expensive restaurant. I just make sure we take nice food, it doesn't have to be complicated. Some nice bread, cheese, cold meats, some wine.

by Complex_Comedian_501 2 weeks ago

Follow me here, picnic table

by Icy_Internet 2 weeks ago

My picnics never involve "mid ass food" on a towel on the ground. Even when my family and I backpack miles into the wild, we eat healthy and well. A real picnic for me, which usually includes a day at the beach or river (since I own a persona lake) starts with the cooking source - a portable grill. I typically whip up a veggie stir fry, then add marinated chicken and steak bites. I prep either fried rice or yakisoba and we have an amazing, hot, relatively healthy meal in a great setting. There are ways to keep flies and insects at bay. We always have a nice dessert too. If we are just doing a quick picnic and I haven't had prep time, hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, some mac or potato salad and fruit is super easy. I don't remember every meal I have had in a restaurant but I sure remember the picnics we had when I was a kid. I think your idea of a picnic (a towel or blanket on the ground and processed foods) is a lot different from mine.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

You bring your own food to the picnic. If it's mid, it's because you chose something mid. I just don't understand.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Mid ass food? That's on you player. Picnics rule.

by ConnectionStatus 2 weeks ago

If the food is 'mid ass', that's a skill issue.

by VeterinarianWhole 2 weeks ago

Table with shade and I'm good. On the grass and in the sun, no way.

by clueilwitz 2 weeks ago

I grew up on n a house with a screened porch and we never used it. Now I'd give my left arm for one. Imagine being able to eat, have coffee, read, even string up a hammock and nap outdoors without all the bugs! I'd practically live out there.

by Correct_Judgment_874 2 weeks ago

Are you eating in the jungle?

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Olive Garden?!! I'd rather eat the bugs.

by lauriane67 2 weeks ago

How did you complain about mid ass food and then recommend Olive Garden LOL

by WayGold5072 2 weeks ago

You sound strangely bitter… sometimes something doesn't have to be perfect to enjoy it. The whole point is to spend time with someone you enjoy, with food picked out with care in the outdoors. How does that not sound nice? Also this seems like a total you issue lol how do you pick "mid food" when you're the one bringing it??

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

From someone with chronic back pain, YES. After 20 minutes the only thing I can think of are my painkillers and a comfy chair..

by bella01 2 weeks ago

I 100% agree with your assessment of picnics.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I agree so much i used to hate it when my parents forced me to go to picnics

by jena96 2 weeks ago

Different people enjoy different things. There is no absolute best or worst thing for all people. Just let people enjoy what they like.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

you never been to a good bbq in the park picnic. in miami, there is this park, haulover, that has shade and grills all over the place. you could catch a fish and grill it right there pretty close to the beach and chill. i love going there or other parks and just smelling the cooking food, even just some burgers and dogs with watermelon and a beer is nice.

by prohaskageorgia 2 weeks ago

And its the nekkid beach! ( fellow South Floridian)

by Comfortable-Task550 2 weeks ago

The last picnic I went on I brought charcuterie, cheese, olives, pickles, fruit, grainy mustard, crackers and smoked horseradish. Then like six kinds of various alcoholic tasty beverages. The food is only mid if you bring mid food.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Somebody's bad at making food. Your picnics probably suck. I've had plenty a fun picnic

by Visible-Bowler-934 2 weeks ago

My picnic food isn't mid.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

To be fair, I'd be all over your food if you were eating in my house.

by Apprehensive-Sir 2 weeks ago

I would rather eat on a blanket while covered in ants and swatting off flies and 'skeeters than ever, ever eat at Olive Garden.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Since our winters here are so mild, there are way too many wasps to eat anything outside.

by MurkyExamination1520 2 weeks ago

you do realize you're supposed to bring your own food? if it's something you don't like, then just bring something else, you know? it's not that hard. nobody's forcing you to bring sandwiches, if you don't like bread.

by DurianNeat 2 weeks ago

Honestly it's the wind that gets me with a picnic. Bugs can be a problem but not at the level you're making it out to be. I do have a bee phobia so that's never a fun time, but if there's no bees it's just the wind blowing everything away that ruins my picnic. Especially since most containers for food and drink are light enough to get blown around once you remove the food/drink from them, so it gets worse the closer you are to being done.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

If your food is mid, then it'll be that way wether you're eating it at a picnic table or in a five star restaurant

by BubblyAbies 2 weeks ago

Church picnics are fun, and the food is pretty good. Although they are usually under a park pavilion and sitting at the picnic tables under said pavilion.

by jeffery41 2 weeks ago

I never eat at picnics lol.. I will snack a little but no way in hell I am eating a meal at a picnic

by Ok-Dragonfly9722 2 weeks ago

You can just say you (and the people around you) don't know how to prepare a good picnic, you know.

by Positive_Diet_5704 2 weeks ago

Booze is the answer

by Bridgette41 2 weeks ago

agree to disagree

by Chemical_Knowledge40 2 weeks ago

In my experience, some of these big chain restaurants like Olive Garden, Applebee's, famous daves etc serve "mid ass food" and not only that but it's expensive and you're surrounded by other ppl. With a picnic it's different. The food is what YOU brought, so if it's mid, that's on you. It's also less expensive opposed to dining out and can also be romantic. Because imagine on a warm sunny day, eating good food, sipping on mimosas, with stunning view of flowers, trees, and a lake!

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Tell us about your OCD

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Don't bring "mid-ass food" and sit on the ground if there sre ants everywhere. Maybe close the bag too.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Picnics are best in October and November when the bugs start to die.

by Vast-Piano4405 2 weeks ago

If the food is mid then you and all your fellow picnickers just suck at food

by mfay 2 weeks ago

Picnics, to me, are less about the food and more about being at a park on a nice day with friends and being able to mix music / games / activities / sunshine / good vibes and happy energy from all the other people at the park because it's a nice ass day finally / maybe a little bit of psychedelic drugs / sports.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I love picnics

by Myrticereichert 2 weeks ago

Picnics are the greatest! I regularly make dinner, put it in nice containers and bring it somewhere for a picnic, always stays warm. If you are eating off the a napkin on the ground (I am picturing on all fours like a dog) then you are just picnicking wrong. I will give you the bugs. But I don't mind bugs, they are part of being outside.

by Mobile-Incident6924 2 weeks ago

Hmm.. my friends bring nice food. Sorry you have mid ass friends

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Relevant

by Difficult_Papaya_170 2 weeks ago

I agree 100%. I detest picnics. Thank goodness, so do all of my close friends.

by legroserica 1 week ago

No wonder your avatar is so angry

by Anonymous 1 week ago

based

by Anonymous 1 week ago