+39 Amazon and Temu are the same. amirite?

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Amazon has literally turned into a cheap Chinese/Indian bazaar in the past 10 years. It's all fake junk now.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Yeah, if it's a generic or utility item I'm buying, I have to research the company/manufacturer and grammar on the information page.

by EmergencyMousse 4 weeks ago

Most of Amazon's business is not the online store marketplace.

by Sharp_Ease 4 weeks ago

All the ads I get on YouTube tell me it's abusing Audible and selling sketchy audiobook crap?

by marjolaineschim 4 weeks ago

Yeah, it' not like the old days where dirt cheap products were made by highly paid American workers.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Come on man why you gotta do Indians dirty like that?

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

You and OP are highly regarded. Amazon is not making these products. They mainly provided an outlet to connect shoppers and sellers. So just because they have a Chinese store doesn't mean they own the Chinese store and it's workers compared to temu which literally does

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

My daughter worked there for a while. It was miserable.

by Both_Scarcity1282 4 weeks ago

Those reports are quite sensationalized at least from the 3 different warehouses I worked at. There are plenty of jobs where you're expected to work much harder for much less pay.

by Left_Load_4622 4 weeks ago

Everyone thinks they are overworked and underpaid, yet tens of thousands of people a day apply for jobs there. I'd work there in a heartbeat if I had an inside connection. They turn down 99% of the people that apply because positions are scarce.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

No way. Everything I've heard says they have incredible turnover.

by EvenOne 4 weeks ago

As someone who literally works at Amazon and has access to this data, you'd be correct.

by Ioreilly 4 weeks ago

You're thinking about corporate jobs like software engineering, in which case yeah the horror stories are a bit over exaggerated imo and they're fairly selective. The warehouses are literal hell and some of them are unironically running into labour shortages because they've churned through so many people in their local area they can't find anyone anymore. It's not uncommon for someone to start and be gone in under a week. Even in the corporate offices it's very much an open secret that working in a fulfillment centre is nothing less than hellish. Is it as bad as the popular stories? To my knowledge no those are largely isolated incidents, but the FCs in general have terrible working conditions and have ridiculously high turnover.

by Ioreilly 4 weeks ago

I just replied to someone else with basically the same thing but for most things on Amazon you can reverse image search the main image and find someone selling it on Temu for what it's actually worth. It's crazy

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Welcome to dropshipping.

by Ioreilly 4 weeks ago

Yes, but on Temu you don't get the product in the image, you get something "similar" and you have to pay more than you paid to return it. Amazon refunds anything.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Temu does too and don't have to return. I've actioned a return on 50% the items I've bought for chinesium quality issues and they refund and say keep the item.

by Nick24 4 weeks ago

You can reverse image search, but that just means you're going to get the same crappy basketball, just cheaper. I try harder to not buy from Amazon if I don't have to, I'm perfectly find going to a few stores to see if I can get the product I need.

by TerribleAmphibian 4 weeks ago

So you drive to buy something in person for twice as much money from a store selling the exact same merchandise? The shorts I'm wearing cost me $7 from Amazon, I can't buy anything brick and mortar for less than $15 and I have to stand in line to get it, then stand in line to return it. I can't believe anyone goes to stores anymore.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

No. I just will not pay for shipping and handling when I have a store 5 minutes from my house and the prices are similar. Why wait a week for something to arrive when I can have it in 10 minutes? That just seems stupid. I don't buy clothes online because of the sizes always been so off. But there is almost nothing that I will buy online, if I can get it in person.

by TerribleAmphibian 4 weeks ago

Many people have prime so don't pay anything for same day delivery.

by Nick24 4 weeks ago

Yeah good point.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

I'm just bitter. I've lost almost complete faith in ordering things online, more so if the items are things I can get myself. Similar argument with food delivery services like Uber Eats or whatever.

by TerribleAmphibian 4 weeks ago

That is literally the entire point of Amazon from day one. Did you think they sold US products for less than half what they cost to manufacture?

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Yeah like. I've ordered from Amazon, Temu, AliExpress, Wish... Never have I had this issue. Sketchy, sure, but not like this.

by Both_Selection6034 4 weeks ago

Yeah but if you know what you want you'll find it on amazon, all you get on temu is cheap crap, but if yoire specifically buying cheap crap doing it on amazon won't help.

by EnvironmentalRip 4 weeks ago

I'm not gonna defend Temu so I wish you well with your Chinese spider girl costume.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Except Amazon comes in one day sometimes even the same day

by arch10 4 weeks ago

It's all Chinese garbage. Honestly if you take a screenshot of anything you want on Amazon you can google lense it and almost always find the same exact one on Temu for half the price. Gahd.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

I go to Dollar Tree and pay 1.25 with no shipping. Just sayin'

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

And exactly which Dollar Tree sells dildos and lava lamps? Hmm? Get out.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

All of them, if you're brave

by Apprehensive_End 4 weeks ago

How did you expect to get a decent basketball anywhere for 12 dollars is my question.

by Crazy_Balance 4 weeks ago

People just resell there. This isn't a secret. Amazon probably has a lot more fake name brand stuff, though

by Vlangworth 4 weeks ago

What's wrong with buying from ali Express?

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Amazon sells everything tho and has a fantastic return policy.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

I've never felt the need to use amazon or temu, personally. What is everybody ordering that they can't just swing by a store for? I have never felt the need, I just don't get it. Are you all getting the most niche stuff ever conceived of, that just would never be available outside of those platforms?

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

I don't think Temu is the one making products.

by Busy-Veterinarian925 4 weeks ago

Everything you buy from China is either child labor, slave labor, or simply made by people who work a 90 hour work week. Doesn't matter much where you buy it from. What matters is Temu will rip you off on your purchase, if you get it at all, won't refund anything, and as always most of the profit goes to the Chinese government which is planning a 50 year long war with all of us. In China, it doesn't really matter if you're 9 or 90, you're going to work until your hands bleed every day until they shovel your corpse into the incinerator.

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Well duh... If you order the same cheap no-name crap off Amazon via a random Chinese-sounding store/seller, you're obviously getting stuff you'd get on Wish/Temu for a fraction of the price. Amazon has been a bazar for years already, increasingly so recently. But it's up to the customer to research a bit before purchasing. Caveat emptor

by Anonymous 4 weeks ago

Ooh ooh Temu, oo oo TEEMU 🌚ðŸĨ°ðŸ’—😛ðŸĪŠðŸ˜˜ðŸ”ŦâœĻ😍

by MajorContribution154 4 weeks ago