+29 You're not an empath, you're more likely just a normal person, amirite?

by Fframi 3 weeks ago

Anyone who continually says they are something, most likely are not that thing. Empath / alpha male / etc. You just are, and people see that

by Exotic_Reason 3 weeks ago

It truely does defeat the purpose as well. I personally feel like words are losing their meaning because of their misuse.

by Fframi 3 weeks ago

I'm a bad person I'm a bad person I'm a bad person I'm a bad person I'm a bad person I'm a bad person I'm a bad person I'm a bad person I'm a bad person I'm a bad person I'm a bad person I'm a bad person There, that should do it.

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

Most people i've heard announce they are an empath have turned out to be toxic

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

Rented a room to an "empath" who berated her bf for being sad about his grandma dying

by deontae35 3 weeks ago

what 💀

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

Oh so true! My ex claimed she was such a good empath that she could read people's minds. No, she was just a narcissistic, toxic, awful person.

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

Happens all too often

by Fframi 3 weeks ago

When someone announces that they're an empath, it's time to run for the hills because 99% of the time it means they are a self-absorbed crazy.

by marieschuppe 3 weeks ago

Or they try to project a narrative they've concocted onto you

by Fframi 3 weeks ago

I have a friend who projects the "you're an empath" narrative onto me. She also claims to be one, and that all her friends are empaths. Oh and other times she has claimed that I have magic powers, maybe because I used to read tarot cards lol. Maybe I should be concerned?

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

Yeah, self-described empaths are often self-absorbed people who are very focussed on their own feelings and very unaware of others'.

by Hester14 3 weeks ago

I'd say it's young millennial/elder gen z.

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

I love when people try to tell me what I'm feeling because they're almost always wrong. Not even my partner can read me most the time and he knows that. It's weird that some people think they have a deeper insight into what you're feeling than you. I don't know why people would aspire to strongly feel what other people are feeling. That sounds dreadful to me.

by According_Pay 3 weeks ago

It's weird that some people think they have a deeper insight into what you're feeling than you. I don't believe that it's ever thanks to pure intentions tbh

by Fframi 3 weeks ago

My "empath" friend was upset for me not going to her when my father died. We are not friends anymore. My other friend who claimed to be one would find every way to make what you are going through nothing compared to her.

by Liam67 3 weeks ago

Some of the people who claim to be empaths are toxic people. Especially the ones who say they're super duper warrior empaths who can kick the narcissist's ass. Don't make me laugh! 🤭Some people are just deluded or want to be special but they're not toxic. Either way I personally find the term cringeworthy. My friend claims she is an empath and that I'm also one. I have told her multiple times that I don't think I'm an empath but she's just so far into that mindset that she has to believe that she (and everyone else she knows) is an empath.

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

Joke's on you, I'm half-Betazoid.

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

Is this really used that much? The only time I've heard it is in superhero movies lol

by Lkovacek 3 weeks ago

It's pretty commonly use on other social media, especially during storytimes

by Fframi 3 weeks ago

shane dawson who is a terrible person claimed he was an empath lol

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

Yes, unless you are a sociopath everyone has some empathy. People would only get called out for it if they are constantly drawing attention to the fact that they are empathetic, which might not even be genuine empathy.

by Lost-Vacation 3 weeks ago

which might not even be genuine empathy. Exactly, it's used like a skill requirement on a job offer

by Fframi 3 weeks ago

I bet the Venn diagram for people who call themselves an empath, own a set of tarot cards, and think astrology has merit is just shy of a perfect circle.

by Other_Special_9319 3 weeks ago

I love it when people self identify as empaths so I know to avoid them

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

Welcome home, Imzadi.

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

Deanna Troi is the only empath I recognize.

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

Those are the same people that say their ex was a narcissist because they took a Facebook quiz

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

Agreed. And if ever person you ever dated is a narcissist, guess what? Yeah it's probably not them.

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

Also, people can be garden-variety selfish jerks without being narcissists.

by Worth-Revolution 3 weeks ago

I'm sorry empaths are literal superpowered people. You're not an empath, you are empathetic. To a varied degree, highly or not. To be an empath is to literally feel what someone else does. Pretty sure that's not the case. It's the same ignorance when people say introverts aren't social, and extroverts are. Learn what the hell you're saying before you use it.

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

I never said otherwise

by Kaylee46 3 weeks ago

Whenever I hear someone refer to themselves as an empath I always think "I guess I'm a bit of a narcissist sometimes too."

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

If anyone wants to know what it really means to be an Empath, all the pros and cons, and how exhausting it can be, I suggest reading the Arrows trilogy, because Herald Talia literally has that as her only Gift, and the issues she goes through because of it....

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

Its worse than that. Calling yourself an empath is a big red flag and that person is usually extremely narcissistic

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

People just like the feeling that they're a "good" person so they just put a label on a basic human trait that anyone who's not a sociopath has to make themselves seem "Holier than thou"

by Right-Mechanic 3 weeks ago

and also, what nobody talks about is the giant red flag that people who are self proclaimed empaths wave. i know because i was good friends with one of those for over a year and a half and it was one of the worst friendships i ever had

by Embarrassed_Bear 3 weeks ago

Actually, if you say you're an empath, you're most likely an obnoxious narcissist.

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

You see I'm an empath because I discovered yesterday that stabbing people makes me sad.

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

I think That what it is is that an empath would never say that they're an empath because that's not the kind of personality that an empath has to be bragging like that.

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

Everyone I know who identifies as an empath is just unable to handle their own emotions and use it as an excuse to not work on it.

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

My wife has never once called herself an empath, but I would say she has the closest thing ive ever seen to superhuman powers of understanding other people. I swear my face does absolutely nothing different and she knows specifically what I'm upset about and why with very little to go on. And that's since the first time we met, not even developed over time. She freaks me out, little mind reader

by AmbassadorIll5186 3 weeks ago

Hmm

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

not unpopular

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago

What's funny is empaths are real, we do exist, however most people use the word completely incorrectly. E.paths can feel the pain of others even without knowing them, which I have actually experienced personally, with that though, I still don't throw the word around regularly. Only when there is a reaction so something that actually gets to me. I usually feel physical pain when something happens to someone.

by Anonymous 3 weeks ago