-30 The primitive idea that your existence "MUST have meaning" in order for said existence to be considered "morally acceptable" is just collectivist propaganda. amirite?

by marquardtkristo 2 weeks ago

Nah man, you don't get it, a lot of people have told him that his life is not "morally acceptable" if it doesn't have meaning, and all of those people are collectivists. Conservatives never tell other people that their lives are meaningless, or that their lives are "morally unacceptable," ever.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Conservatives are collectivist on many issues.

by No-Milk-9038 2 weeks ago

trust me a lot of people care about controlling what you do

by feeneyzaria 2 weeks ago

needs more buzzwords

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Ultimately. Whether or not your life has any 'meaning' at all really only matters to YOU. It's really pretty simple. In that respect, I assume you're correct.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Oh, I cringed alright

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

It's social media, you're always wrong and everyone's an expert.

by Destineemann 2 weeks ago

Ahh, forgive me everyone. I'm stupid

by Glittering-Play-7930 2 weeks ago

Me trying to meet the word count on my freshman philosophy paper:

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Well this was certainly an… interesting read. So I got curious and looked at your profile. I think you may have some unresolved issues with your parents you should probably look into therapy for. Like, the amount of anger coming through is a bit disconcerting.

by Exciting_Net_1108 2 weeks ago

bro what the hell are you on about

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

It's a a piece of advice to keep most people out of depression.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

You are a divine life and divine existence, and even if all you did was sit and breathe and eat you would matter... Do more than that but even if you're just existing and doing nothing, you still matter.

by EndNo 2 weeks ago

Finding meaning and finding a reason to live are two different things. Meaning implies the need to justify your existence. To be able to say, "This is what I'm here for." While your reason to live can simply be to experience the world with the people you love. Sure, we can have a cause to fight for, but that endeavor doesn't have to be why you are alive.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

It's not that hard to just focus on running your own life and let people be. No means NO for a reason. 🤷🏻‍♂️

by marquardtkristo 2 weeks ago

The idea is primitive and stupid but I wouldn't call it collectivist. Collectivism and social conformity aren't synonymous. There are lots of people pushing individualist ideologies while demanding social conformity.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

My meaning is to play lots of video games and jack off to pornography

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

It is comically stupid for people to ponder "the meaning of life", without realizing they are assuming there even IS such a meaning, other than what they themselves give it.

by tamara85 2 weeks ago

BASED

by marquardtkristo 2 weeks ago

Huh? Bro, individualism is the one with god, manifest liberty and "the great man theory" The yapping meter is of the charts

by Electrical_Dig 2 weeks ago

I don't really care about meaning as long as I don't feel like a depressed pos.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

bla bla

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

This isn't an opinion. This is incoherent nonsense!

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago

You're right.

by rlesch 2 weeks ago

Once in a while I think about how the universe began, how something must have existed that created the universe in the first place and something must have created that something that created the universe and go into an existential crisis. How is it possible that something can just exist?

by MaleficentBlock6703 2 weeks ago

I think whats annoying is that when people say "I don't think life has a meaning", most people just quickly say "Why not just ‘end it' then?" Thats not how it works. You can find life meaningless but still live on just fine, by this logic, anyone who isn't nihilistic should never kill themselves but they do anyway.

by InnerAirport1782 2 weeks ago

This depends very much on your definition of meaningless.

by Anonymous 2 weeks ago