+41 Helping others in races is cheating. amirite?

by Anonymous 6 days ago

If someone gets tired or carried over the finish line at a snails pace AND you still can't beat them, there wasn't much hope to begin with tbh.

by Anonymous 6 days ago

😂😂 for real how slow is this guy

by Glittering-Steak 6 days ago

You seem fun...

by Anonymous 6 days ago

Yea I bet you'd have fun when the guy in front of you gasses out but someone carries him to the finish line and you finish 4th.

by Anonymous 6 days ago

Of course I'm talking about competitive races.where not everyone competing is your friend and people do like to compete for positions.

by Anonymous 6 days ago

Agree about virtue signalling. "Oh look at me im a hero" gesture thats been done to death. Its a race. You're supposed to compete. There are people on sidelines to help runners if they faint. You arent running to cover under machinegun fire.

by Anonymous 6 days ago

If there were random machine gun emplacements at races, they'd be a lot more interesting.

by Material-Space 6 days ago

Those mass start races aren't usually about competing with one another though, it's more about the finishing time or even finishing at all. Almost anyone in those races will tell you their time when you ask for their result, not their finishing position.

by Anonymous 6 days ago

Yeah... Seems, you don't know much about sportsmanship

by Anonymous 6 days ago

How are they helping? Aside from dragging or carrying, I can't think of anything

by Anonymous 6 days ago

Giving a shoulder or picking them up when they're gassed out

by Anonymous 6 days ago

Yeah, that definitely sounds like cheating

by Anonymous 6 days ago

Agreed. I give exception to those moments where teammates or siblings help each other, though. There's a bond between those people and I think that's good enough reason to help each other.

by Anonymous 6 days ago