+46 Every ice cream shop is the same, amirite?

by Anonymous 1 month ago

I live near a large ice cream shop/farm that makes all their ice cream from scratch and I can assure you that not every ice cream shop is the same

by fritschkariane 1 month ago

I am within a few hours of a very well known creamery and getting it in house is absolutely different

by Anonymous 1 month ago

That must be so good!

by Anonymous 1 month ago

wagyu cream sundaes seems exotic. i would totally drive 2 hours to try that.

by PurpleEye 1 month ago

Don't do it!

by Anonymous 1 month ago

sounds like you just hate fun tbh

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Maybe it's your country. I'm Italian and we definitely have icecream places that are better than others

by Apprehensive-Act 1 month ago

You've obviously never been to Italy.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Iā€¦ have not. šŸ˜‚ I'm just messing, I'm sure Italy has great ice cream, relax folks

by Anonymous 1 month ago

If you had a quality Italian gelato you'd know how much better it can be than Dairy Queen.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

I am not American and I find it hilarious how seriously you people take your ice cream

by Anonymous 1 month ago

That would still make you wrong, not every shop is the same

by Zemlakangus 1 month ago

Of all the countries I've been, we had the best icecream

by Apprehensive-Act 1 month ago

You do. OP is just being ridiculous.

by Legal_Bicycle 1 month ago

There's an Italian ice creamery near my in-laws and it is 100% the best ice cream I've ever had. Ever. Before we move next year we are taking a trip just to take the kids there.

by eugeneboehm 1 month ago

That's so nice :)

by Apprehensive-Act 1 month ago

Just a heads up DQ is not even ice cream it doesn't have the minimum amount of cream in their "ice cream" mix to be called ice cream that's why it's referred to as soft serve. That's why I think most mom and pop ice cream stands are better the ice cream is just creamier

by Anonymous 1 month ago

I think people see there's a difference between ice cream that's scooped and what comes out of a machine when you pull a handle.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

It's not just that. Even other ice cream that comes from a machine that you pull the handle is ice cream because it has a higher cream percentage. DQ is 6% cream other places s as re normally 10% but can go as high as 17%

by Anonymous 1 month ago

but if I'm being honest, they are only marginally better than Baskin Robbins or Coldstone. This is exactly my point.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

I live near a place that's "worth the drive" and they give huge portion sizes. It feels like I'm stealing every time I ask for two scoops lol. They also have crazy flavors, but not in the trendy sort of way. Just stuff you could never get in a chain. It's one of the only places I actually signed up for rewards for, because it's that good. But it only has one location.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Every now and then I find one that transcends them all.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Why tf are you eating wagyu ice cream???

by Anonymous 1 month ago

So you are suggesting that literally every ice cream shop serves organic rose water charcoal wagyu sundaes? What a weird take when flavors are as abundant as the creative mind coming up with them

by Aggressive_Pay 1 month ago

It depends. Most places use bulk ice cream they have delivered, those are all the same. There is a local place where I am where the chef and owner won a massive award (he owns multiple restaurants around) and that ice cream is made from scratch and kicks ass.

by okunevalouisa 1 month ago

I like trying different flavors. I don't like the basic ones like vanilla and cookies and cream as much. My town has a bunch of different ice cream shops and most of them taste very different. One is custard and more filling, one is more thick and rich, one is light and airy, one has very unique flavors. I wouldn't drive 2 hours just for ice cream though. The ones in my town just taste very different from each other

by Normal_Ad5810 1 month ago

Around here, Molly moon, is overpriced. I'm not saying they are bad, but is it worth the money.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

My local favorite ice cream shop makes a Carmel popcorn crunch sundae, and I don't think that's a everywhere thing. If you're talking about chains then yes.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

There is a real popular one in my town where if you ask for a twist chocolate and vanilla they look at you like you're insane.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

This sounds like the opinion of someone who just orders a cup of chocolate soft serve at any place they go to

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Generally speaking

by Anonymous 1 month ago

Yeah I have to disagree. Spent 12 days in Cleveland, they have amazing local ice cream places. Every place was so different and really good. Didn't come close to DQ or BR.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

You just don't like ice cream.

by Anonymous 1 month ago

You've never been to Nelson's in Stillwater MN

by Anonymous 1 month ago

This is how I feel about the best and worst pizza or burger shop in any given town, as described by the locals.

by Mission-Cat-3100 1 month ago

The best ice cream shop is one that serves Superman ice cream which is the best in the world.

by Any_Assistance 1 month ago