+37

It's annoying how if 10 people are killed today christians just see it on the news and don't give a shit about their lives, while when 10 women decide to abort (and according to christians "kill their lives") they get mad about it and go to the streets to protest. They care more about the lives of fetuses than they care about real lives. Amirite?

Religion
4 110

that's...not true at all. how do you know christians don't care about adult human life? because there's no protests? how exactly do you protest murder if it's already illegal?

please at least think a little before you go about yelling accusations.

@that's...not true at all. how do you know christians don't care about adult human life? because there's no...

you're wrong. christians (real ones, anyway) care about all lives. that's why there are so many humanitarian organizations around the world, yes?

My point was that if some person dies today for a reason they don't care about it, but if a woman wants to abort, they get much more annoyed than when they hear the news that some random person died.

I'm an Atheist and I'm pro-abortion, but I still think this amirite is BS.

Wow. OP, so many people are judged based off of a few stupid people who represnt a group and show the world a bad image when, in general, it isn't true. I'm a Christian. Oh, and guess what? I'm Pro-Choice. My uncle is gay and he's one of my favorite people in the world, and his boyfriend rocks.

Wow, i guess you're the first person I've heard of to meet every christian in this world. congratulations you stereotypical idiot.

A fetus IS a "real" life...

I am a Christian, and a pro-choicer. It's not my body, my baby or my life, so it's not my choice to make for someone else. The most I can do is give love and support the (not) mother so that maybe, in the future, she won't have to be in such a terrible position.

What do you mean we don't care about people who are killed?! That's a really stupid accusation! And yeah, I think abortion is wrong. Murder and abortion are both wrong, it's stupid that you think we favor one over the other!

But, there are already laws in place to protect normal people. :/

They're fighting for legislation. Duh?

to sum things up
you're just really stupid.

Ugh, you people are so ignorant. The only difference between us and animals is that they rely on instinct, and we rely on morals. They're the smart ones, in my opinion. They aren't killing the planet and having moral debates on every subject.

One of my friends was once shot for believing in God, by an athiest. If she would have died, believe me, I would have been upset. Don't post things you don't understand.

I honestly don't care if we are classified as animals. You don't walk down the street and be like "Oh look an animal going to the gym!" Or if someone shows you a giraffe and a man you don't say, "I see two animals."

@Glittery I honestly don't care if we are classified as animals. You don't walk down the street and be like "Oh look an...

I agree with that. I was just saying that technically we are animals. Just not the way the word "animal" is described nowadays.

Obviously, it was meant as a point, not an actual death wish, moron.
Can they wipe out entire species of animals? Do they enact war against other types of their species for no reason? Can they destroy the planet? Yes, we are technologically advanced. We are the smartest species. But because we do so many things for the only reason that we CAN, makes us the dumbest as well. You don't see an orange furred tiger killing one with white fur because he doesn't like the difference.
Animals are smart. They kill for food, to protect their young, and to protect themselves. Because we have the capacity for morals (and a lack of) we kill because we can.

uhh i'm christian, and i don't believe in abortion myself, but i respect those who do. in my opinion, making abortion illegal would be considered unconstitutional.

but i would like to point out that one of the reasons that abortion was made legal in the first place was because when it was illegal, women would go to an unexperienced, uncertified "doctor" to get an abortion, and that often resulted in major health problems. i'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying that a lot of women will do it anyway, no matter the legality of it.

Every single person protesting abortion cause it's 'murder' had better be a goddam vegetarian. If not, you're a hypocrite. Technically, the animal was murdered. If you aren't against eating meat or eggs, but are against abortion, go walk in front of a speeding truck.
I agree with what a previous poster said. Just cause it would be illegal, wouldn't stop it from happening.
Now, before anyone yells at me, I personally would not get an abortion unless it was a case where the fetus was endangering my life, but I firmly believe in pro-choice. There are some cases where abortion is better for some people.

@Every single person protesting abortion cause it's 'murder' had better be a goddam vegetarian. If not, you're a...

look dude, when u kill an animal, you aren't murdering it. you can't murder an animal. Animals were brought to this earth FOR us too eat, so it's not murder!!!!!

Calling people names, and being disrespectful of other peoples opinions is very childish.
It is not going to make anything better by calling someone a "Moron" or "ignorant".

It's not just Christians, asshole.

Ummm...the reason we don't strike against non-fetus deaths is because we can't exactly do anything to stop it. It doesn't mean we don't care. Abortion, on the other hand, hasn't even been made illegal, and is something we can fight and lessen. Also, most people who die had a chance to live. Aborted children? They don't even get their first breath, their first look at the world.

@Ummm...the reason we don't strike against non-fetus deaths is because we can't exactly do anything to stop it. It...

abortion was illegal until the early 1970s. Women would have unsafe abortions in alleyways, throw themselves down stairs, insert a clothes hanger into their uterus, hit/punch/kick themselves in the stomach, etc etc. all to try to have an abortion. No matter what, whether it's legalized or not, women will have abortions. The question is, will we let everyone have the right to have a safe abortion or will women have to resort to physical, fatal harm to both mother and child to have an abortion?

@Sofie abortion was illegal until the early 1970s. Women would have unsafe abortions in alleyways, throw themselves down...

So they obviously didn't care much about the pain the baby inside them felt. Fetuses {a less human sounding word than baby to make it sound better when it comes to abortion...} feel pain. have you guys even seen an abortion and partial birth abortion? Modern day abortions hurt women too. Leads to depression, infertility, and infection. come on guys & gals, let's not make an innocent life pay for our reckless behavior.

@So they obviously didn't care much about the pain the baby inside them felt. Fetuses {a less human sounding word...

most women don't have late term abortions. Fetuses feel pain, but embryos are barely alive and can't feel it. And women can become depressed if they keep an unwanted child.

those things did happen (and they were terrible) but that was definitely not all cases. most women probably got underground abortions from doctors, who would probably be more careful lest the woman would get an infection which would lead to an investigation. so technically abortions were safer when thy were illegal.

@those things did happen (and they were terrible) but that was definitely not all cases. most women probably got...

that is so stupid and untrue. The people who were giving abortions to women in the 1970s weren't even doctors. They were random people who had no experience. Many women tried to do it themselves, which led to thousands and thousands of women's deaths.

We are technically animals.

Im not putting down animals or the fact they can be strong. Gosh you're ignorant. Sure they're strong and scary and whatnot but can they design a webpage or write an essay? No.

Since when is writing an essay and designing a web page a life skill. It doesn't make us any better it just means we waste a lot more time.

wow poster, could you be anymore ignorant? and really. not just "christians" commit murder. i am a christian and i am not a murderer. and i never will be. before you become more ignorant, and offencive as hell, learn your facts. and honestly, when i find out when somebody dies, i do care. theres really nothing you can do about it most of the time though. but i WILL TRY and stop abortion. so how about you keep your idiotic opinions to yourself, amirite? :P

dude,just because you are pro-life,doesn't mean you're christian.

i'm a practicing christian and pro-choice.

@i'm a practicing christian and pro-choice.

jesus said love everyone, especially those who are considered to be the least of us. and, contrary to popular belief, it IS possible to love both a struggling pregnant woman and her baby. you don't have to give up loving one for the sake of the other.

WTF is OP thinking? Honestly who said Christians don't care when someone is murdered? Hell yeah, it breaks my heart to see any kind of death. Heres the thing though...murder is illegal, abortion is not, therefore we protest against abortion to make it illegal. Why is it that when a pregnant women is killed it can be counted as a double homicide, but if that same women had chosen to abort her baby, thats fine...you can't tell me thats right.

oh ok so you're saying we should protest robbery, murder, drug dealing, hm what else? Oh yeah anything that's illegal we should protest right?

How do you know they don't care? Obviously you cannot protest every murder, there are laws and organizations that will help to find the murderer. In the case of abortion, the unborn babies don't have a voice to help them and they die without a say.

@The fetus isn't even thinking, why would it care if it died or not?

The fetus can feel pain. Like an adult being tortured until it caused their death. Would /you/ like to be ripped apart limb for limb until you bled to death? I don't know about you but that sounds kind of painful. People; babies, elderly, children, teens... nobody deserves ANY kind of murder, unless they were an uncontrollable psychopath that killed other people and were a threat to society.

you are protesting a "baby" that isn't even the size of a pen tip. If that's the case, should we protest when someone swats a fly with a fly swatter? That's legal killing technically.

@amika The child is not the size of a pen tip at 3 months old.

I know that. Women usually find out earlier than 3 months, stupid. If I had had unprotected sex and missed my period that first month, I wouldn't wait 2 whole more months to see if I was pregnant. I would find out at the first month, when the baby is less than 2 millimeters long and less than a gram in weight.

You're thinking of this strangely... There are laws against killing. They obviously can't stop people, since they do it anyways. But they could get abortion to be illegal so that they could stop it. There's clinics that would no longer be open.

You're really naive for saying something like this! Christians hate any form o murder,abortion and ruthless killing! You are really stupid to think us Christians don't care that someone died. Shut up and don't accuse us for things you do t know what your talking about

@You're really naive for saying something like this! Christians hate any form o murder,abortion and ruthless...

Don't generalize.
Because, in many ocasions, murderers are "christians".
You do not always hate murder, you commit it as well.

I know a lot of Christians that are pro-choice/pro-abortion.

pro-life doesn't mean that you're Christian.
Grab a whole crapload of people that don't believe in Christianity, and I'm pretty sure that there will be some pro-life people.

I hate how people assume that all Christians have the same views on everything, and that these views are all pro-life, anti-homosexual and racist views.

Would it be better for a woman to be forced to have a child that she obviously doesn't want, and maybe can't care for properly? Having a child that you aren't ready for can be way more detrimental to the child than having it aborted before it knows anything. And it should certainly be the woman's choice, and her husband/partner, rather than some close-minded people in DC who think they know what's best for everyone.

@Would it be better for a woman to be forced to have a child that she obviously doesn't want, and maybe can't care...

it's the ones like you that make me laugh.
"let's kill it, because that's the humane thing to do!"
give me a break. it's a baby, not a dog.

There is always the option of adoption! Some people who can't have babies really need one, and giving them a life to raise would make them really happy.

you disgust me. christioans care about ALL lives and aborting babies is murder you idiot.

@you disgust me. christioans care about ALL lives and aborting babies is murder you idiot.

You don't even know how to spell your own religion. So, you have no room to call anyone an idiot, especially someone with a good point.

@You don't even know how to spell your own religion. So, you have no room to call anyone an idiot, especially...

this is stupid, just because someone has a typo doesn't mean they cant spell OR make them stupid...

have you never heard of a typo? WOW. and no, you don't have a good point. REAL Christians care about ALL lives. Jesus healed lepers, cast out demons, and died and rose again for ALL people.

Humans=Primates=Animalia Kingdom ...

That is because we are a narcissistic species and think we are above everything else in the world. I want ignorant people like you to be around the next tsunami, see if you can take that. Actually, walk up to a grizzly bear. I would love to hear how you got ripped to shreds by 'just an animal'.

@That is because we are a narcissistic species and think we are above everything else in the world. I want ignorant...

Its good to know there are people wishing evil and death upon people they have never met before. Real classy.

@Glittery Its good to know there are people wishing evil and death upon people they have never met before. Real classy.

it's nice to know that there are people telling other people who they have never met before what they can and cannot do with their own body and how to lead their own life. Real classy.

it makes me sad that over 400 people agree with this.

Fail for just saying plain old Christians. Why not SOME Christians? Not all Christians are like those bastards you see on T.V.

I think that this is incorrect. First, there are already laws or guidelines in place in most societies that prevent murder of out- of- the- womb- humans, so there's less of a possibility that those deaths could have been prevented by a change in laws. However, if you believe that abortion is murder, as I do, a pro- life activist would naturally become more outraged because there is still the possibility that those lives could be saved with an anti- abortion law. In neither of these scenarios is the loss of life more or less tragic, but in the one case some would argue that the abortions could have been prevented.

The fetus can't stand up for themselves..

It's not like we can stop murders from happening,dude. Sides we r trying to stop any FUTURE abortions. Get a life and stop posting ignorant crap you know nothing about.

It's annoying how I choose to be Christian and I immediately get judged because "Christians" before me have done things that I completely disagree with.

Ummm, that's not necessarily a Christian belief as much as it is a Liberal/Democratic belief. Sooo, long story short. Fuck off. Kay thanks.

• policy

This is the most idiotic post everr.

Thank you, I agree

You ignorat asshole. Apparently you don't know anything about Christianity or any of our beliefs. There actually are many Christians who are pro-choice. Catholics, who are a branch of Christianity, are the main supporters of pro-life. I am pro-life. When anybody dies it is sad, because it easily couldve been someone you who knew that died. A baby is it's own person when it is conceived. From that point on, a woman has a human child growing inside of her. When that child is aborted it is very much the same as an adult or grown human being killed. Shut the hell up unless you know what you're talking about.

And whoever the anonymous person was who said abortion is okay unless it is rape is almost as stupid as the person who posted this in the first place. Just because you are raped does not mean you should abort the baby. Is it the childs fault you were raped? No. Although rape is a very sad and disgusting thing, this innocent human should not have to "pay" for something done by s...

Abortion is killing, and so is masturbation!

It's funny because fetuses aren't even considered human beings.

@Clay_ It's funny because fetuses aren't even considered human beings.

What else would they be? They are the offspring of a male and female human; how does that make them un-human in any way shape or form?

@amika What else would they be? They are the offspring of a male and female human; how does that make them un-human in...

If they were truly considered human beings, you'd think they'd be counted in the population, but they are not. Therefore, they're not considered 'human.' As per the 14th Amendment, American citizenship is limited to those 'born or naturalized in the United States,' and fetuses are neither. Therefore, they aren't considered human or citizens, giving them no rights. The woman who became pregnant with the child should have full jurisdiction over her fetus.
Also, fetuses are like parasites. They live off the woman, and the woman should be able to decide if she wants this fetus in here acting as a parasite.
Give me some examples as how fetuses are human.

@Clay_ If they were truly considered human beings, you'd think they'd be counted in the population, but they are not...

just to add to your argument, they aren't fetuses yet, they are still embryos, which don't have their organs yet. Just a clarification.

the species doesn't change if it has been born yet or not. if a tiger is pregnant with a baby tiger, do you consider its baby "un-tiger" until it has been born? it's the same type of principles here.

Shut the frick up OP. You sound like an ignorant stereotypical person. To say that statement is a sin in itself. It is such BS!!!!! You should go get a freaking life and education before you make wild accusations about an entire religion. All that needs to be said has already been said in other comments but let me just say that you are NOT in the least bit right. You are the type of person that makes this country so horrible. This WORLD so horrible. So before you go off making more BS statements, take into account all that has been said. Maybe you'll see that it is not other religions that are wrong, but in fact yourself. But from your statement I'm guessing that you're too selfish and self centered to realize that. So go off and continue living your rude angry little life. And remember that you gained about 300 haters today. Think about that OP.

@Who cares? I posted it anonymously.

I don't think their should be an option of being anonymous. If you can't say it with your name underneath, don't say it at all. Live up to what you're saying and try not to be cowardly.

Embryo =/= life in the same way that seed=/= tree.
A fetus in the early stages of development isn't a person either, although where that line is is unclear, but three months pregnant seems like a good polocy to me. Before you angrily protest that last sentence, think about how much you actually know about fetal development.

@Embryo =/= life in the same way that seed=/= tree. A fetus in the early stages of development isn't a person...

a better analogy would be embryo =/= adult. both embryos and adults are alive, there's no fighting that, even scentifically.

Being the [atheist] daughter of a Catholic, I think I know his views. The people were sinners. The fetus did absolutely nothing wrong

In my view, the fetus isn't alive until the brain is functioning. Not just there. Legitimately functioning. As in, hearing sounds and whatnot.

@OMFGItsME what about the heartbeat?

Until a certain point in the pregnancy, the heartbeat wouldn't keep going if the fetus was outside the mother's womb. It would die.

Dumb-ass Christians. Go commit another genocide.
-Holocaust
-Crusades
-Spanish Inquisition
-Massacre of natives an all continents of Earth (Except Antarctica YET)
-Enslavement of Africans
Hundreds more.

-Hundreds more.

@Dumb-ass Christians. Go commit another genocide. -Holocaust -Crusades -Spanish Inquisition -Massacre of natives an...

dude. you're even less informed then the op. half of those things the christians actually fought AGAINST.

I'll take on your first point awhile...the Christians did not start the Holocaust, this guy named Hitler started it, ever heard of him? And Christians aren't always perfect, but neither are atheist, or agnostics, or any other belief!

your really stupid. Christians didn't cause the Holocaust, hitler did. He wasnt christian the massacre of natives was causes by disease,especially in america. The Crusades were to protect our faith (unless I'm thinking along a different line than you) and Antarctica has no people stupid! We enslaved Africa s because our ancestors had, and that's how we were raised, we didn't know it was wrong. We do now though. So go learn your history from a Christian and learn your facts before you start talking ou your butt, jerk

So I guess what you are saying is that christians are to blame for everything? drugs, senseless murder and even domestic violence right. oh and terrorist attacks right. You're gonna come up with some BS to blame everything wrong about this world on the only people actually doing anything to fix it, not that it'll ever happen.

@So I guess what you are saying is that christians are to blame for everything? drugs, senseless murder and even...

tea@156978 (Anonymous): They never said any of those things. And saying christians are the only ones doing anything to fix it is stupid as fuck. The only christians you hear about are the ones who kill abortion doctors, forbid gays from getting married and having basic rights, forbid women from being equal, molesting little boys, and forcing their beliefs down other's throats. Or is that fixing the world?

abortion is wrong. unless you have been raped. otherwise, its just the result of a poor choice.

@abortion is wrong. unless you have been raped. otherwise, its just the result of a poor choice.

what if the birth control failed and the pregnancy threatens the mothers life and has a low survival chance, anyway?