+2,458

It was perfect that Jesus waited three days to come back to life. If he had only waited one day, a lot of people wouldn't have even heard he died. They'd be all, "Hey Jesus, what up?" and Jesus would probably be like, "What up? I died yesterday!" and they'd be all, "Uh, you look pretty alive to me, dude... amirite?

iWeasleys avatar
182 108
The voters have decided that iWeasley is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

This post is legen- wait for it...

shorkians avatar shorkian Yeah You Are +43Reply
@shorkian DARY!

Woah, we really did have to wait for that.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +37Reply

future POTD

Rosss avatar Ross Yeah You Are +37Reply

Dude, it's actually true. In the Jewish religion, you're not officially dead until day three, because otherwise they might just be in a coma or something.

OH MY. I love this. Please make it POTD. Seriously. Probably my favorite post EVER. Ah.... gotta love Jesus.

bluegoddesss avatar bluegoddess Yeah You Are +29Reply

lol i love this post! it's worded pefectly "you look alive to me" hahaha

TalkingRices avatar TalkingRice Yeah You Are +18Reply

Haha, I love how you worded this.

PalindromeIsMes avatar PalindromeIsMe Yeah You Are +16Reply
@PalindromeIsMe Haha, I love how you worded this.

Except it was worded by someone else.

People need to let things be. Nobody asked you to go put your two cents in there and start arguing where it isn't wanted. I love this post and i l♥ve Jesus.

mutantdustbunniess avatar mutantdustbunnies Yeah You Are +11Reply
@If no one asked for your two cents their wouldn't be a comment section Would there?

*there. That's true, yeah. But there is a point where you're stating your opinion then there's one for trying to go and start something that doesn't need to be there for any reason. Quote: "lol I started a religion debate what now." That's just immature.

This is my favorite Barney Stinson quote ever! A close second is "Go ho or go home!"

I'm a Christian and I love this... lol. Especially how you worded it... lol

This quote seems strangely familiar. I think my friend said this at the bar.

Especially since they didn't have Facebook or anything then

Grilled_Cheesuss avatar Grilled_Cheesus Yeah You Are +6Reply

Barney Stinson. Is. Awesome!

How I Met Your Mother rocks! I love Barney. You'd know by looking at my name :D

@550578

Unfortunately my internets been down, bro. Got beaten to the punch.

I'm awesome. True story.

@Barney_Stinson I'm awesome. True story.

You don't even get sick.
When you get sick, you stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

@You don't even get sick. When you get sick, you stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

Also, where the shame gland should be, there's a SECOND awesome gland. True story.

swimmer24100s avatar swimmer24100 Yeah You Are 0Reply

BARNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3

@waddupoprah BARNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3

is a dinosaur from our imagination!
When he's tall
he's what we call
a dinosaur sensation!

@Barney_Stinson Sup.

hahaha i went to your profile and the first thing it said was "Barney_Stinson is right 100% of the time." True Story.

finally post of the day! : D

TalkingRices avatar TalkingRice Yeah You Are +4Reply

How I Met Your Mother!

3 day rule! :D

I love the lack of haters in this thread!

Bossmans avatar Bossman Yeah You Are +3Reply

How I met your mother.
Barney Stinson = beast

@Barney_Stinson I'm glad you like me, brah.

"First of all, we agreed never to say brah anymore, it was a fun weekend, we had a lot of laughs, but now it's over"

This post is hilarious btw.

Way to steal this quote from the tv show How I Met Your Mother.

I love this post

yuiop925s avatar yuiop925 Yeah You Are +1Reply

I love Barney's explanation of the three days rule.

@TalkingRice the three days rule?

The three days rule for calling a girl. I can't remember which episode but it's so funny

iWeasleys avatar iWeasley Yeah You Are +7Reply

1000th like!

BobTheLogs avatar BobTheLog Yeah You Are +1Reply

YES! IT MADE IT! I was hoping this post would be POTD! Ah....

bluegoddesss avatar bluegoddess Yeah You Are +1Reply

I laughed when I read this

HIMYM!!!!!! LOVE IT! but u took my post of the day >:(

BBALLCHITOWNs avatar BBALLCHITOWN Yeah You Are 0Reply

random comment

Way to steal this quote from the tv show how I met your mother.

I thought this post was awesome until I saw someone say that you stole it from a television show. Now it's okay, but it's mostly just plagiarism.

@Mehhhhhhh Did the fact that the joke was made before actually make the joke any less funny?

The fact that the person is claiming it as their own and/ or isn't crediting the orginial source makes it much less funny, yes.

@The fact that the person is claiming it as their own and/ or isn't crediting the orginial source makes it much less...

The follow up says "I love Barney Stinson. Thats about it" Even if you don't know who Barney is, it's quite clear that he isn't taking credit for the joke

cue religious debate

this is a facebook group :)

@gurdyjones this is a facebook group :)

I didn't know. I saw this while watching How I met your Mother cept I just shortened it.

iWeasleys avatar iWeasley Yeah You Are +9Reply

potd... REALLY? A religion debate... REALLY?

you think someone would write a huuggee book by hand just by making it up? yea. didnt think so

I thought this post was stupid when I saw it on the just in page... Seeing it again, I've realized: I was so right.

Not to ruin the joke or anything, but... Jesus never died and came back to life. LOL NOW I STARTED A RELIGION DEBATE WHAT NOW

Bretts avatar Brett Yeah You Are -38Reply
@Galileo No, you didn't.

Quite to the contrary, actually. Scroll down a little bit.

Bretts avatar Brett Yeah You Are +9Reply
@532793

Brett, give it up. No one cares about your trolling.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Brett Not to ruin the joke or anything, but... Jesus never died and came back to life. LOL NOW I STARTED A RELIGION...

(Brett):He actually did, he came back in disguise and talked to apostles and certain people.

iWeasleys avatar iWeasley Yeah You Are +16Reply
@Brett What's your source? Some 2000 year old cave drawings?

History Channel, probably. You know, where professional historians and archeologists find all kinds of information..

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +16Reply
@Brett LOL. Those shows are based off the Bible.

To quote you: "Where's you're source?". They actually go to the places mentioned in the Bible (not just christians, Jews, Muslims, athiests, etc.) and look all the artifacts, places, buildings and writings, look at what they find, and try to figure out what happened, just like they were trained.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +22Reply
@fangirl12 To quote you: "Where's you're source?". They actually go to the places mentioned in the Bible (not just christians...

You are fucking retarded. Ancient cave writings are not evidence for a fairy-tale-like story. If I wrote down on a piece of paper that I saw Superman flying around, and someone found it in 2000 years, it would be called a foolish story. So why should it be any different for a story about a guy who walks on water and comes back to life?

Bretts avatar Brett Yeah You Are -19Reply
@Brett You are fucking retarded. Ancient cave writings are not evidence for a fairy-tale-like story. If I wrote down on a...

Some people actually believe in Christ. Ever heard the funny little statement everyone has their own opinions? It's time to start respecting them, please.

mutantdustbunniess avatar mutantdustbunnies Yeah You Are +33Reply
@mutantdustbunnies Some people actually believe in Christ. Ever heard the funny little statement everyone has their own opinions?...

When was the last time you saw an Atheist come to your door and try to give you a copy of the God Delusion? Christians are the ones forcing it down our throats.

Bretts avatar Brett Yeah You Are -12Reply
@Brett When was the last time you saw an Atheist come to your door and try to give you a copy of the God Delusion?...

This wasn't even supposed to be "all religious" god dammit, it was a nice joke and you ruined it, so go back into your troll cave and shove a wand up your nose. thanks. kbye

iWeasleys avatar iWeasley Yeah You Are +31Reply
@iWeasley This wasn't even supposed to be "all religious" god dammit, it was a nice joke and you ruined it, so go back into...

This wasn't even supposed to be a religious debate, as stated in my first comment, but NO, you feisty Christians gotta argue about everything.

Bretts avatar Brett Yeah You Are -21Reply
@Brett This wasn't even supposed to be a religious debate, as stated in my first comment, but NO, you feisty Christians...

Not supposed to be a religious debate? And this is coming from the person who decided to spark it? I don't believe it. Once again with the grouping and stereotyping. For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. I'm applying this to this situation in which you piss someone off they're going to retaliate so quit it.

mutantdustbunniess avatar mutantdustbunnies Yeah You Are +17Reply

And you are trying to keep up the image that every Christian is a fundamentalist and is insane. Well guess what? We're not. Not every dang person who believes in God is trying to shove His word down your throat and convert you. So quit your assuming.

mutantdustbunniess avatar mutantdustbunnies Yeah You Are +24Reply

We're not forcing down anyone's throats. We're spreading the Gospel message like Christ told us to.

@fangirl12 People kept records on paper with scribes, not in caves.

@532932 (Brett): @532930 (fangirl12): If you see his previous comments, he WANTED to cause a debate. You're feeding him.

I really shouldn't add to this but... The earliest recordings in the Bible were not recorded at least until 80 years after the events. Things get twisted in very few years and during that time the average lifespan was at maximum half of what is is today, much often less. So even with historical evidence that he may have existed, the part where he was resurrected and son of God stuff could simply be ways to make him bigger. Emperors of the time were all considered to have come from a virgin birth, son of God, and many other of the things that Jesus was famous for.

To put it simply: The Bible was created by people for people, and it is a completely inaccurate record of events. Jesus was cracked up to be more than he was, if he even was (although evidence does suggest that he did exist, just not as Gods son).

This should put some peoples answers at rest.

@I really shouldn't add to this but... The earliest recordings in the Bible were not recorded at least until 80...

For the record the latest book written in the bible was written by john, the beloved who was exiled to the island of patmos and was present during the time of Jesus Christ. Therefore the chance of him fabricating stories written is very unlikely since his works are primary sources. furthermore, it is unlikely that many of the bible chapters are fabricated relative to many other documents at the time. Also the bible is consider the most historical accurate book of its time.

A minor quibble, but I've read (From Christian authors, but also independent sources) that the generally agreed upon dates for Mark (The earliest gospel written) around 70 and John (The latest gospel written) around 90-100.

More importantly, in a historical context, 40-80 years is next to nothing. For example, in the case of Alexander the Great (356 - 323 BC) the nearest surviving source we have to his death was written by Greek called Diodorus in the 1st century BC, around 300 years after his death. Furthermore, mythical or legendary elements do not show up in accounts of Alexander until much later. In the case of Jesus, the gospels were written by people who knew him personally (Matthew, John) or knew someone who knew him personally (Mark was an associate of Peter, Luke was an associate of Paul). The gospels more than stand up to scholastic standards which are enough to classify any other historical account as fact.

@fangirl12 Where'd you learn all this?

Books (God is not Great, God Delusion, etc. and some pro-religious books, just to make sure the facts were right :)

yea I study this a bit...

@Books (God is not Great, God Delusion, etc. and some pro-religious books, just to make sure the facts were right...

Wow, people liked your comment, but as soon as you replied with what your sources were, you got downranked. :/

Assuming that this is the same Anonymous.

@SalientK Wow, people liked your comment, but as soon as you replied with what your sources were, you got downranked...

It was. Mannn but I worked hard on that comment... makes sense though, I wouldn't want someone reading too much on one side and then pretending to know all about it. I just found that a lot (not all) of the pro-god books had contradicting and bad evidence. :P

I should stop commenting on this...

Thanks. You know, technically though it makes sense that the earliest found recordings are from a few years after. Paper and scrolls don't usually last more than two-thousand years. Anyway, thanks for the reply :)

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +1Reply

I don't agree with you. The Apostles were guided by the Holy Spirit to write the Gospels and they had an above average lifespan because of it

Haha. Funny. But apparently there is some evidence that a man DID live in Jerusalem at that time who WAS named Jesus and was thought to be the "Son of God" and "Prophet." Now, whether or not he really was is the debate. But... yeah, I bet you're going to get a lot of crap for that from Christians with sticks up their butts.

bluegoddesss avatar bluegoddess Yeah You Are +10Reply
@We're only defending what believe in, cut the insults please

(True Blue<3): Dude. I'm LDS. I'm probably a more devote Christian than you. But there ARE a lot of people who feel the need to argue with atheist or non-believers and get offended. Who cares if he thinks Jesus is a hoax? Do you think your opinion will make him think otherwise? No. It'll just upset him and turn him bitter.

bluegoddesss avatar bluegoddess Yeah You Are +7Reply