laureneli23s avatar Books
535 259

when reading this i thought the bella being reffered to was bellatrix lestrange. I was confused.

@mylifeisfly why would bellatrix know anything about true love?

I stand by my belief she was in love with Voldemort. If only they had found each other before they went completely insane. :/

@I stand by my belief she was in love with Voldemort. If only they had found each other before they went completely...

yes she's totally in love with Voldemort! considering he "can't love" and all I wouldn't say he loves her back or anything but he's "in lust" w/ her And I'm sure there was some bam chicka wow wow between them that J.k rowling left out

528491s avatar 528491 Yeah You Are +71Reply
@528491 well that would explain a lot of his anger issues

I guess it would. Maybe he and Bellatrix got a little TOO freaky?

Bellatrix married. Hence the Lestrange. Rodolphus Lestrange. Otherwise she would still be Bellatrix Black. Uhhh, I've learned too much about Harry Potter in the last week, so yeah...

@Bellatrix married. Hence the Lestrange. Rodolphus Lestrange. Otherwise she would still be Bellatrix Black. Uhhh...

(MyNameIsWhat?): sigh...i saw this comment coming...marriage does not equate to love...

mylifeisflys avatar mylifeisfly Yeah You Are +52Reply

(MyNameIsWhat?): It was an arranged, purebllod marriage. Completely void in the love department.

(MyNameIsWhat?): She was clearly cheating on him with Voldemort. If not, voldemort was toally gay, because he could have had her any time he wanted.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +18Reply
@fangirl12 (MyNameIsWhat?): She was clearly cheating on him with Voldemort. If not, voldemort was toally gay, because he could...

Bitch, of course me and Bella were cheating on Rodolphus. I'm the bad guy, remember? I do bad things.

Jardens avatar Jarden Yeah You Are +25Reply
@Emperorerror I'm fairly certain he was asexual.

Voldemort? I don't know about sexuality, but J.K. said because his dad was on the love potion when he was conceived he is completely incapable of loving anyone.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Oh yeah? she's in love with Voldy! And I mean love!

@Oh yeah? she's in love with Voldy! And I mean love!

@861824 (Veritaserum): Yes you are right anon, to some extent.... but i believe veritaserum is more right...whatever feelings bellatrix had for voldy, rowling wanted to distinguish between true love (Snape>Lily, Parents<>Harry, Ron<>Hermione, Parents<>Draco etc) and sort-of-love/lust (bellatrix<>voldy, Lavender>Ron, Black family etc )

mylifeisflys avatar mylifeisfly Yeah You Are +28Reply

I think this girl in twilight is named Bella and op is rightfully bashing twilight

garrettruskamps avatar garrettruskamp Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Maddayzing when reading this i thought the bella being reffered to was bellatrix lestrange. I was confused.

I thought the same thing, all the way down through the comments until I reached yours xD
Then I proceeded to feel stupid.

Tempest_Trances avatar Tempest_Trance Yeah You Are +9Reply
@jitterbug_145 You aren't alone.

I think she was more "in love" with Voldemort. I'm sure they slept together.

@I think she was more "in love" with Voldemort. I'm sure they slept together.

Baby, you're not alone, cause you're here with me, and nothing's ever gonna bring us down cause nothing can keep me from lovin you, and you know it's true, it don't matter what'll come to be, our love is all we need to make it through!
@860535 (Anonymous): At least in AVPM. XD "Back when I had a body, I was mad game with the bitches. Just ask Bellatrix Lestrange."

SpelingChampiens avatar SpelingChampien Yeah You Are +95Reply

OH MY GOSH I THOUGHT THE SAME THING! lol I was just about to write that and then I saw your comment :)

Now, see, if I were Bella's friend, I would have gone into her room and Bitch slapped her and tell her to get the hell over it!

Ellens avatar Ellen Yeah You Are +148Reply

Can you picture Bella up against Voldemort? I'm pretty sure her little vampire buddies couldn't do much to help here there. But Hermione against a couple vampires, those guys wouldn't know what hit 'em.

@Cashew Can you picture Bella up against Voldemort? I'm pretty sure her little vampire buddies couldn't do much to help...

it'd be so amazing to picture that. 'HELP ME, JACOB! USE YOUR PUPPYDOG POWER UP SKILLS!!!'

Her vampires would try to talk their way out of it, like in Breaking Dawn. "Hey guys, I know we're fighting against the very core of your existence and that we're on the same side as the guy who's been stalling your return since age one...but I think we can find a diplomatic solution here."

"....AVADA KEDAVRA!"

And then Bellatrix to Bella; "How dare this filthy Muggle and sparkle vampire share my name? How dare she dirty the credibility of this title with her weak and tactless ways?"

@open_mind_open_soul Her vampires would try to talk their way out of it, like in Breaking Dawn. "Hey guys, I know we're fighting against...

That's not really what happened in Breaking Dawn... It was more complex than simply talking their way out of it. You could simplify any series if you wanted to (even Harry Potter).

@twisted_memories That's not really what happened in Breaking Dawn... It was more complex than simply talking their way out of it...

Not to intensify the Harry Potter vs. Twilight thing....but a simplified Harry Potter > a simplified Twilight.

I've read all 4 books; when I was really into them, I reread them. I know what happened. And basically, the Volturi or whatever couldn't use their main weapon, so they put their tails between their legs, listened to the Cullens talk, then ran off.

@open_mind_open_soul Not to intensify the Harry Potter vs. Twilight thing....but a simplified Harry Potter > a simplified...

They didn't want to fight. I dunno, I like Harry Potter better, but I still like Twilight. Harry Potter also got 7 books and Twilight 4. I think they're both good in their own ways.

Look, vampires against Voldemort is going to end in a loss, clearly. But even though I'm not a fan of either series, a couple of vampires against Hermione is going to end in a brutal death for her most likely.

@CherryBlossom We're talking about Twilight vampires here.

Twilight vampires have super strength and super speed, thus allowing them to dodge her spells with relative ease. Many of them also have other supernatural abilities which would add to this ease of victory.

@Courage_Wolf Twilight vampires have super strength and super speed, thus allowing them to dodge her spells with relative ease...

But. They. Sparkle!

And I don't think so. They're powerful, but the wizards have magic on their side. Using one spell can kill them.

Don't know, maybe if would be a close call or the vamps can win, but it would be an interesting battle....

Oh, but the fact that the wolves are actually capable of bringing down a vampire when they gang up makes me certain that a gang of wizards can take down some vampires, if they're skilled enough in magic.

CherryBlossoms avatar CherryBlossom Yeah You Are +1Reply
@CherryBlossom But. They. Sparkle! And I don't think so. They're powerful, but the wizards have magic on their side. Using one...

The wolves are supernaturally fast too, but yes, I'd agree that wizards are also powerful. However, one wizard against one vampire seems to me like a victory for the vampire.

Why are you so hung up on the sparkling? The first vampires were disfigured by sunlight instead of killed, so the destruction thing is a new feature added by other authors, just like how in Harry Potter the magic is rotted solely in abstract rather than more physical elements. Different authors have different takes, this is hers.

@Courage_Wolf The wolves are supernaturally fast too, but yes, I'd agree that wizards are also powerful. However, one wizard...

Haha, I was just kidding about the sparkles. But with magic, I'm sure that you could possibly use a shielding spell or instant transportation spell, and then you can return at an unsuspecting time to get the vampire. Honestly, I don't even know who'd win, and I don't really care. (Well, if they were real, I'd probably care.)

CherryBlossoms avatar CherryBlossom Yeah You Are 0Reply
@CherryBlossom Haha, I was just kidding about the sparkles. But with magic, I'm sure that you could possibly use a shielding spell...

Really I don't think magic is described in depth enough in harry potter to make a judgment on which side would win.

@Courage_Wolf Really I don't think magic is described in depth enough in harry potter to make a judgment on which side would win.

Yeah. It really depends on the spells available. However, it's also possible to develop your own spells. Super speed is an advantage, but I don't know if that is necessarily the winning factor. It would also depend on the circumstances of the fight, too.

But yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Twilight but I'm not really a hater either. The power of the characters are really just based on whatever the author is willing to give, so it is subjective.

I hate how people try to rationalize the decisions made by fictional characters.

@Clay_ I hate how people try to rationalize the decisions made by fictional characters.

Why wouldn't people? Aren't fictional characters, although fictional, supposed to be somewhat realistic?

Because Bella was a little too obsessed with Edward -___-

When Ron comes back, Hermione refuses to forgive him for weeks. When Bella and Edward are reunited, she leaps into his arms and forgives him immediately.

@swimmer24100 When Ron comes back, Hermione refuses to forgive him for weeks. When Bella and Edward are reunited, she leaps into...

Ron left with an explanation too. Edward said "Well.....you're human, bye." So Bella had more of a right to hate him anyway. But no, of course she doesn't. And Bella knew Edward for a matter of months. Hermione had known Ron for almost 7 years.

@open_mind_open_soul Ron left with an explanation too. Edward said "Well.....you're human, bye." So Bella had more of a right to hate...

ARGHGH its because... wait for it.. this is gonna blow your mind: TWILIGHT IS A L O V E STORY ... HP IS A FANTASY/ADVENTURE book. and i know people have been saying "we're comparing characters, not genres" but depending on the genre the characters are gonna act differently to add to the genre. Soooo, that means that Twilight has to be more sorta like true love, nothing will separate us, meant to be etc. and HP focuses more on the story rather than the love. also (sorry i know you're probably going ARGH TL;DR) H + R were ELEVEN when they first met, so they couldnt really have a relationship. B + E were 17. And Edward went away because he was scared that he was gonna kill Bella accidentally. that seems a logical reason to me. OK i'm finally done :)

@fluentinsarcasm ARGHGH its because... wait for it.. this is gonna blow your mind: TWILIGHT IS A L O V E STORY ... HP IS A...

Hermione and Ron were 16 when they actually got together, first of all.

Second of all, you definitely have the grammar skills of a Twi-tard.

Thirdly, the genre doesn't matter at all. Love is still love. It's true, there will be more action-y love in fantasy/adventure books, but the premise remains the same. Meaning that watching someone sleep and suddenly loving them is NOT real love.

@open_mind_open_soul Hermione and Ron were 16 when they actually got together, first of all. Second of all, you definitely have the...

OK, have you read the Twilight books, or have you just watched some of the movies and gone along with what other haters have said?

@fluentinsarcasm OK, have you read the Twilight books, or have you just watched some of the movies and gone along with what other...

I've read all four Twilight books. I used to like them, then I came to my senses. The genre of the book does not change the definition of true love.

@open_mind_open_soul I've read all four Twilight books. I used to like them, then I came to my senses. The genre of the book does not...

But it changes how it is portrayed and how much focus is on it. What I'm trying to say is, that Ron and Hermione may have actually been secretly super obsessed with each other, we just don't know because that is not the focus of the books. Where as in Twilight people like the books because of how much Edward cares about Bella, and deep down (further down in some girls) every girl wants to be as important to their loved one as Bella is to Edward. It's just that Twilight focuses much more on this aspect and that is why it appeals to so many girls. As you know by now, I am a Twilight fan, but I totally understand why people get pissed at the over-obsessed fangirls. I just don't agree with people being as over-obsessed at bringing them down.

@fluentinsarcasm But it changes how it is portrayed and how much focus is on it. What I'm trying to say is, that Ron and Hermione...

We do know that, because if they were super obsessed with each other, we would have known. They wouldn't have been fighting over snargaluff pods, they would have been gazing stupidly into eachothers eyes and losing points for gryffindor.

And I stand by what I said: Though the focus is more on love in love stories, it still does not change the premise of love. Watching Bella sleep, taking out her car cables, and controlling where she goes is NOT caring, loving, or any of the things Meyer says it is.

As for your statement about every girl wanting to be like Bella....sorry, I don't want to be a boring, stale, static, depressed, dependent(the list goes on) girl who can't live without her boyfriend stalking her, or her wolf-boy protecting her. If you look at the comments above, if Meyer was a guy, she would be attacked for sexism.

And I'm not overly obsessed with bringing them down. Who's the one who replied to my comment after, what, 3 months?

@open_mind_open_soul We do know that, because if they were super obsessed with each other, we would have known. They wouldn't have been...

OK, maybe I should have cleared this up at the beginning - Twilight 7/10, HP 3424513/10. I am NOT NOT NOT a superomgrpattzobsessed fan girl. And the thing about Ron and Hermione maybe being obsessed was an example. Also, I didn't go to the top of the page and search posts containing: Hermione, fetal position, true love, cliff. I saw this I thiiiink on one of the most commented, but not 100% sure.
Oh, another thing, I didn't say that every girl wants to BE Bella, I said that they want to be as important to someone as Bella is to Edward, and that is where the craziness over the books comes in. Also, the whole thing about taking out the car cables etc. is not the climax of the story, it is just him trying to stop her going to the wolves, where he thinks she could be killed. I know watching someone sleep is also creepy and I didn't like that bit, but it is showing how, I don't know, fascinated he is by her, and it is not a big part of the whole story.

OK that's it

@fluentinsarcasm OK, maybe I should have cleared this up at the beginning - Twilight 7/10, HP 3424513/10. I am NOT NOT NOT a...

Him taking out her car cables is still controlling, even if it's not the climax of the story. And I'm pretty sure I don't want to be THAT important to someone. That's just bordering on obsession.

Can we just stop arguing though? It's getting annoying.

If someone attacks it, I'll reply. If not, I won't do anything.

Sorry, TL;DR, I know. Just had to fully explain it.

Oh, and the comment I was actually referring to is a couple comments below.

What annoys me when people talk about Twilight is that they ignore how Meyer wrote the characters. If these were real people then yeah, Bella would be an idiot teen with a pedo boyfriend. But they're not. They're characters who are in fact soul mates. They are how they were written. Same with every other book in the world. When people say that Romeo and Juliet (no, I'm not actually comparing Shakespeare to Meyer) were just stupid teenagers, they ignore that they were fictional characters. They were soul mates.

I remember the first time I read the Harry Potter books, I was in second grade and thought they were awesome. Then I think about the first time I read the Twilight books and wonder how much my second-grade self would want to punck the 8th-grader in the face.

Bella in the books was the opposite of what you're supposed to teach young girls. Hermione, to some extent, is the right idea. To be smart, loyal to your friends, try to always do the right thing. Also, that guys can be jerks, so stick up for yourself and don't be desperate.

@I remember the first time I read the Harry Potter books, I was in second grade and thought they were awesome. Then...

This is kind of random, but did you guys ever think that Pansy Parkinson(sp?) was sort of the antithesis or the foil to Hermione? That just occurred to me.

@open_mind_open_soul This is kind of random, but did you guys ever think that Pansy Parkinson(sp?) was sort of the antithesis or the...

I believe JKR said something along the lines of Pansy being Hermione's foil. But I know for a fact that she's based off of
bullies Rowling faced in her younger years.

Clementiness avatar Clementines Yeah You Are +1Reply

Besides, in the real world we do encounter many different people, so having this variation is a good thing, considering that Pansy isn't really one of the major characters and thus will not be considered a role model.

omg Bella dies at the end? I am so going to go see that in theaters! XDDDD

Kiwimango9s avatar Kiwimango9 Yeah You Are +47Reply
@StephanieIsMe oh lord I wish

she actually does
...to some extent (:

@she actually does ...to some extent (:

haha i guess you're right. I used to OBSESS over twilight a few years ago, but looking back I want to know what made it so appealing. I was in 6th grade, that's what made it appealing

StephanieIsMes avatar StephanieIsMe Yeah You Are +69Reply
@StephanieIsMe oh lord I wish

Guys, don't tell her that Bella lives on. That's like telling a kid there is no hope in the world and Santa isn't real.

exmliaers avatar exmliaer Yeah You Are +34Reply
@Kiwimango9 omg Bella dies at the end? I am so going to go see that in theaters! XDDDD

Considering that I only read the first half to Breaking Dawn, your comment made me very excited. And then I remembered that I looked up the ending on wikipedia which turns out to be very anti-climatic.

Prosopagnosias avatar Prosopagnosia Yeah You Are +36Reply

I normally don't like when Harry Potter and Twilight are compared seeing as they're totally different (but Harry Potter is clearly better in my opinion) but this post is just full of awesomeness.

@insertwittynamehere I normally don't like when Harry Potter and Twilight are compared seeing as they're totally different (but Harry...

I was about to say, she's comparing characters not stories, then I the last thing you said.

ultispys avatar ultispy Yeah You Are +13Reply

Bella freaking out at the loss of Edward is supposed to show how much she loves and depends on him.
WHY, oh WHY, does the author think this is a good thing?
A couple of weeks of being upset, sure, but after that- NO.
Well, it makes sense. I mean after all, girls love guys so much and we can't function without them. It's a good thing Jacob showed up to pull her out of her misery, because without a big strogn man women turn into useless dummies who put themselves in danger because they can't think straight without men.
NO!
Girls need to learn to be independent and strong, with or without a guy.
Guess Meyer didn't get the memo.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +43Reply
@fangirl12 Bella freaking out at the loss of Edward is supposed to show how much she loves and depends on him. WHY, oh WHY...

If Meyer were a guy, people would attack her for being sexist. She makes it seem like being single is bad and your FIRST boyfriend breaking up with you is the worst thing ever and women need men to get them back up.

This is probably one of my favorite posts of all time.

Cocacola319s avatar Cocacola319 Yeah You Are +41Reply

This is EXACTLY why i hate Twilight.... Well that and a thousand other reasons.

@This is EXACTLY why i hate Twilight.... Well that and a thousand other reasons.

When Juliet's true love leaves her, she kills herself immediately.

Anyways, go on, I'm interested.

@Courage_Wolf When Juliet's true love leaves her, she kills herself immediately. Anyways, go on, I'm interested.

She didn't "Kill" herself. She faked her death so they could run off and be together w/o their family's disapproval.

@She didn't "Kill" herself. She faked her death so they could run off and be together w/o their family's disapproval.

And then when he dies, leaving her, she kills herself. I mean, is it that hard to continue the stream of logic here?

I've read Twilight and Harry Potter and honestly I don't even know why this is a disscussion. Twilight is just not even in the same league as Harry Potter and there is no chance of them ever being anything close to the same level of awesomeness. Also Stephanie Meyer really does send the wrong message to girls doesn't she?

@applestoapples I've read Twilight and Harry Potter and honestly I don't even know why this is a disscussion. Twilight is just not...

Ya, she's telling them that it's cool to be all depressed all the time, and that will make the buff werewolves fall in love with you. Also that it's ok to get married and get pregnant at 18...

Let's just say that I hope the obsessed 12 year olds don't become like Bella SWAN, or Lestrange either, now that I think about it.

My little cuz told me she wanted to be like Bella and I flipped out. I mean, her mom is a CEO of a company and she wants to be like a fictional character who got herself knocked up? ( I don't care if Bella's married, she's 18, the equals knocked up) That's not right on any level.

@My little cuz told me she wanted to be like Bella and I flipped out. I mean, her mom is a CEO of a company and she...

When people get married and pregnant at 18, it's not always bad. Sometimes, I don't mind it. The problem was that Bella defined her self-worth completely by Edward and his love for her. Have some self-respect Bella.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +4Reply

It is cause she makes all her characters mary-sue's...and she believes that men are the almighty sex and you need their permission to do things, and that women are incapable without a man.
So basically she is against everything women 100 years ago faught for...half the reason i am anti-twilight!

Mollieees avatar Mollieee Yeah You Are 0Reply

Spoiler alert

@Spoiler alert

Spoiler alert: Harry potter is about a bunch of kids walking around at school, waving wands around and screaming things at the sky.

OLOOK EVERYTHING CAN LOOK BAD WHEN GENERALIZED

Handsys avatar Handsy No Way +18Reply
@Spoiler alert

Hmmmmmmm... I was told that spoilers to movies would get deleted. d smilie

@StickCaveman Hmmmmmmm... I was told that spoilers to movies would get deleted.

Well not if the spoiler is given after a reasonable amount of time of the movies release. The movie's been out a while, and everybody has their chance to see it if they wanted too. It's usually if it's only been just released ant will delete or put the spoiler link over the post so you don't have to read it unless you click on the post.

@Well not if the spoiler is given after a reasonable amount of time of the movies release. The movie's been out a...

I mentioned part of a movie in one of my posts that was older than both of these movies and my post was deleted. Not saying this post should be deleted or anything. It just doesn't seem consistent with the rules. Oh well.

I wish people could just stop bashing Twilight and or Harry Potter...they're both different and have entirely different fan bases.

I laughed at the post but I laughed even more at all the comments. I like twilight, they are sweet books that are romantic and sometimes funny but Harry Potter is the greatest series of all time. No doubt about it.

Bellatrix and Voldy so got it on back in the day. imo Draco has had a bit of a thing for Hermione since she bitch slapped him in the third one but Ron has been in love with her since at least the second one. Why else would he follow the spiders (his greatest fear) in order to help her?

@Brettward95

I honestly doubt anyone could have said it better.

All I know is that Hermione was a cat, so pwns Bella by default
http://ctrlv.in/65374

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +23Reply

One of the most awesome posts ever.

JediLynxs avatar JediLynx Yeah You Are +21Reply

Well written? Haha I hope you're kidding.

laureneli23s avatar laureneli23 Yeah You Are +14Reply

If you are a NWer, then you apparently didn't read either series. Just sayin'.

@If you are a NWer, then you apparently didn't read either series. Just sayin'.

I read both and although of the two Harry Potter is better I can't see it as anything but YA fiction.

" Harry Potter is all about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity... Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend " 

ellephaba101s avatar ellephaba101 Yeah You Are +18Reply

Sirius > Jacob
Remus > Jacob
therefore:
HP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Twilight
no questions asked.

CaliforniaGurls avatar CaliforniaGurl Yeah You Are +14Reply

Anyone else noticed that Jacob's last name is Black? Would he be in Slytherin?

SylverMoons avatar SylverMoon Yeah You Are +8Reply

OK, I am a Harry Potter AND Twilight fan (it's possible to be both) and here is my opinion: Twilight is a good STORY, not a bible to live by. I don't think it's a bad storyline, I just don't think that you should take life advice from it. HP is far better, and definitely has better morals etc. BUT that doesn't automatically make it ok for HP fans to bring down Twilight fans. It's not like when you announce that you are a HP fan that you take some ancient oath that goes along the lines of "We shall destroy any story that does not contain at least 6 storylines in 1 book and does not have at least 3 examples of magic." And if you did, then you need to get out more. Hating on Twilight is not going to convert any Twilight fans to make them see the "error of their ways". In fact, the hateful comments actually make me like Twilight more than I already did because I get defensive. All I'm saying is that if you really hate Twilight, you'll leave it and its fans alone.

@fluentinsarcasm OK, I am a Harry Potter AND Twilight fan (it's possible to be both) and here is my opinion: Twilight is a good...

Agreed, but I dont' make fun of the fans. I make fun of the books. Usually I only mock them when I'm around other non-Twilight fans, or Twilight fans that actually DO think it has good morals and characters and use crappy arguments to back up their reasoning.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@fangirl12 Agreed, but I dont' make fun of the fans. I make fun of the books. Usually I only mock them when I'm around other...

You're making fun of the book. Therefore, you're indirectly making fun of the fans of the book for liking that book.

iceeselenawizs avatar iceeselenawiz Yeah You Are 0Reply

Most of the comments on this post were incredibly annoying and reminded me of MLIA for some reason.

@Most of the comments on this post were incredibly annoying and reminded me of MLIA for some reason.

I hate seeing people say "Twilight is a terrible and juvenile series" and then using Harry Potter as an example of great storytelling :/
It's like people telling you Iron Man is shit and then handing you Inception.

@Brettward95 How are the two comparisons similar?

It's a bad example, to be honest. A better comparaison would be Sherlock Holmes and Inception. Inception dwells on very few moral or ethical themes and has a storyline designed to make easy to figure out plot elements seem like great leaps of thought. Granted, this is quite clever, and lets the audience feel smarter, but ultimately you're handing them another action film.

@Courage_Wolf I hate seeing people say "Twilight is a terrible and juvenile series" and then using Harry Potter as an example of...

That's ironic considering that, just like the Twilight haters, you seem to derive so much enjoyment out of expressing dislike for things that you know are popular.

I agree with this post, but the HP vs Twi feud annoys me for some reason.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +10Reply
@879122

Yeah I know. I'm just a very non-confrontational person lol

laureneli23s avatar laureneli23 Yeah You Are +7Reply
@883683

When you said Harmione, I thought you meant Hagrid+Hermione...ugh, shudder...

aquagal1017s avatar aquagal1017 Yeah You Are +3Reply
@883683

oh my G so do i!
harry and hermione dancing together in the 7th movie was sooo cute!
ron just mocks her and makes her life miserable.

CaliforniaGurls avatar CaliforniaGurl Yeah You Are -21Reply
@CaliforniaGurl oh my G so do i! harry and hermione dancing together in the 7th movie was sooo cute! ron just mocks her and makes...

Have you actually read the books? Fairly sure you wouldn't be on team 'Harmonie' then. That dancing scene was chucked in there by the movie producers, it never happened in the book. Besides you can tell Harry was only doing it to comfort Hermoine who was so devistated that Ron left.

Glen_Coco4s avatar Glen_Coco4 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@925218

It was just to show that even through the hard times they still had their friendship; it had NOTHING to do with romance.

Meaps avatar Meap Yeah You Are +4Reply

I'm still trying to figure put what the twilight fans are defending in these arguments. I read twilight. It has a lot of flaws.

Looks like Favvkes didn't have a chance to be the 1st comment.

On an unrelated topic, I would like to politely point something out. The Amirite community has grown accustom to using the POTD as a starting ground for debates. These debates have varied from topics like political issues, homosexuality rights, religion, education and the liberties of women.

Tonight we are frantically trying to crushing each other's bones in a heated debate about Harry Potter and Twilight.

Don't get me wrong people, Harry Potter ftw, but I just thought I'd point this out. Good day.

I don't understand why Twilight and Harry Potter are being compared. They are from totally different genres meant for different audiences.

Ebony_Ways avatar Ebony_Way Yeah You Are +6Reply

My english teacher has this theory that Bella started her period at age 17, and that's when Edward started to fall in love with her. He fell in love with her periods....

I have a weird english teacher.

@broadwaygleek My english teacher has this theory that Bella started her period at age 17, and that's when Edward started to fall...

(broadwaygleek):No wonder he was so pissed when she got pregnant... And that she wants to be a vampire. All that he loves will be gone in both instances.

Haha! I LOVE this post - it's so true! (and for the record, yes, I have read all the Twilight books & seen all the movies).

haha so true i love u for this

danilols avatar danilol Yeah You Are +4Reply
@902351

I just read MRHP. It was really funny watching him fall in love with the series. Especially after watching him rage at Twilight so much.

@1113274

I know! I had to keep myself from commenting and correcting his theories sooo many times. But it was awesome reading that haha

@1113461

I know!! I wish i knew him, I'd totally want him as my gay bestie.

@1114051

Haha, now I really wish I could read it for the first time again! I'm considering pouring bleach in my brain to drain out all the memory. Okay, that's not a good idea. But I'm gonna re-read it and try to forget everything :P

How did she even survive the cliff jumping anyway? Was that Jacob's doing?

@Linds Yeah, he saved her

I wish he hadn't noticed her jumping off the cliff... I wish he was like taking a nap or something when it happened, because then Edward could go to Italy and sparkle himself to death and that would be the end of the saga. sigh

I_Predict_A_Riots avatar I_Predict_A_Riot Yeah You Are +71Reply
@I_Predict_A_Riot I wish he hadn't noticed her jumping off the cliff... I wish he was like taking a nap or something when it...

Haha yeah that would have been a much more climatic ending then what really happened and maybe we would have got to see some actual fighting when the Volturi rip him to shreds

Lindss avatar Linds Yeah You Are +35Reply

Harry Potter has Ron Weasly as a best friend. Bella's biffle is a dog. Now twilight fantards, HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES.

Lighten_Ups avatar Lighten_Up Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Lighten_Up Harry Potter has Ron Weasly as a best friend. Bella's biffle is a dog. Now twilight fantards, HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM...

I don't like when people say it like that; with the fact that he's a human and "oh, he's a dog, he's worse." I agree that Ron is a way better friend, but if the only reason you can find for that is that Jacob is a dog, then you don't deserve to argue this point.

@open_mind_open_soul I don't like when people say it like that; with the fact that he's a human and "oh, he's a dog, he's worse." I...

True.

But there's also the fact that he kissed her when she was clearly trying to get away from him, tries to control her, although not nearly as much as Edward does, took advantage of her emotions during the Eclipse battle and tricked her into kissing him and fell in love with the two mintue old baby of his ex-girlfriend/love interest.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +10Reply
@fangirl12 True. But there's also the fact that he kissed her when she was clearly trying to get away from him, tries to...

Agreed. Thats one reason I don't absolutaly love the Twilight serise (sp?). The whole story is built on minipulation, wich is to say that Bella and Edward's whole relationship is built on minipulation (since the story pretty much is thier relationship). Edward and Jake both minipulate Bella because she is such a weak character. By the second book I was tired of her whining and complaing. Heres the interesting part: there are Three things she complains about through out the books, Jake, Edward (him being gone, him not telling her stuff, etc.) and the weather. Yeah, Hermione at least does other stuff then swoon over Ron all the time. And both girls face near death and problems. Hermione is stronger because she has more than a one track mind. Hmm, I got alittle of topic there... Sorry!

sassypieanns avatar sassypieann Yeah You Are +5Reply
@sassypieann Agreed. Thats one reason I don't absolutaly love the Twilight serise (sp?). The whole story is built on...

Hm... I didn't see it that way. Bella always knew what she felt, she just ignored her feelings for Jacob because she didn't want to hurt Edward... I always thought Bella was a strong character, doing what she wanted. She broke when she lost her other half. I can see how people think this sets a bad example for girls (and if Bella were a real person, it would). But Bella and Edward were meant to be together, so they broke without each other. I dunno, I think I'm the only person who reads stories as stories and doesn't try to make characters into real people... Anyway...

@twisted_memories Hm... I didn't see it that way. Bella always knew what she felt, she just ignored her feelings for Jacob because...

You keep defending them because they're fictional characters. That is a really crappy way to defend something. Fictional characters have to have SOME rationality in them, and they need to be relateable.

@open_mind_open_soul You keep defending them because they're fictional characters. That is a really crappy way to defend something...

I wasn't really defending them because they're fictional characters, but rather pointing out that they are how they were written. I like teen fiction because it's far fetched enough that I don't have to think beyond what they writer says is true. I generally feel this about most fiction, actually. You can say what you want about a real person, but you can't change a fictional character or really put them into real life. My draw to teen fiction is that it's not real and not always relatable.

@twisted_memories Not when what you're looking for is an escape from reality.

If you can't escape reality when reading Harry Potter, there's an issue. That's often the main reason I read - it's a relief to submerse yourself into another world, whether it be similar or very different from your own. But no matter why you're reading, every book should have colorful, well-developed characters (and plots) - that's the foundation of a good piece of literature.

laureneli23s avatar laureneli23 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@laureneli23 If you can't escape reality when reading Harry Potter, there's an issue. That's often the main reason I read - it's...

I think Twilight has well developed characters... I just enjoy the series for what it is. Not every piece of literature is going to be Shakespear or Conrad. I enjoy the simplicity of an easy read you often find in teen fiction. That said, I do believe that Harry Potter is written better but I'd rather not compare stories as to me they aren't really comparable. I grew up with Harry Potter and it will always be an important and great story for me. Buy I still enjoy Twilight fir what it is.

@1239634 (laureneli23): Thank you lauren :). The characters in HP are developed, but you can still lose reality.

And Meyer did NOT develop her characters. That's all I'll say.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. But it just give the Twitards more to complain about when you only give the reason that he's a dog.

@open_mind_open_soul Yeah, that's what I was saying. But it just give the Twitards more to complain about when you only give the reason...

The people above my previous comment had all given perfectly amazing reasons as to why Harry Potter is better than Twilight. I was merely adding to that list in a tone that I believe is the only way to speak to a Twitard. I believe that ^^^^ quote quite efficiently summarizes the absolute idiocy of Bella. See, dogs will befriend anyone.

Lighten_Ups avatar Lighten_Up Yeah You Are 0Reply

People should stop comparing a fucking British poached fillet to an order of fries at Burger King.

Seriously, we don't compare Bieber to Matt Bellamy, now do we? This stolen quote of a post is trying to do the very same thing.
Stop it.

I... would like to meet the people who disagreed with this O_e

@932506

you don't, you can change your notification options

ImTheRealShadys avatar ImTheRealShady Yeah You Are +3Reply

Imgfave. =]

Trazzzs avatar Trazzz Yeah You Are +1Reply

Both of them are fiction. Why does it matter if one is "better?" It's only your opinion anyways.

(also, HP>TL)

Twillight's for Dorks.
Thumbs up for Harry Potter ! y smilie

It appears that at least 7 people have gone down the comment list and down-voted every "red" comment

aclw123s avatar aclw123 Yeah You Are 0Reply

The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings>Harry Potter

Harry Potter is a great book if you are just discovering the fantasy genre. But if you want REAL fantasy literature, read some Tolkien.

inb4 mega debate about whether Twilight is a good book or not troll smilie

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are -1Reply
@1641120

Nobody has made a sarcastic reply to this yet? Sweet! So...umm... because Anthony wanted it to be. SHIT! I'm sorry guys. I'm terrible at this whole sarcasm thing.

Don't apologize. If people are dumb enough to actually watch Twilight, they deserve to get mocked.

haha the actor that plays the lead in twillight, was infact in harry potter first and then died protecting harry, just saying :]

KolieKismets avatar KolieKismet Yeah You Are -19Reply
@KolieKismet haha the actor that plays the lead in twillight, was infact in harry potter first and then died protecting harry...

Where the hell have you been? We ALL know this. What's more, we actually know his name.

Oh, and Cedric didn't even die protecting Harry. He died because he was with Harry. Do you even read? I have trouble thinking you have the ability to read a book.

It's a BOOK. No need to criticize the characters for what they have done. That's what makes it a story.

@934536

Except all these Harry Potter fans feel the need to take sides and blow smoke up each others asses about how much better HP is than Twilight.

@939917

sigh

I'm not defending anything. I like both the books, and I just find it pathetic that the HP fans feel the need to talk down Twilight. As you put in your biased review, Twilight is a story about "vampires, 'love,' and a horribly put together relationship" while Harry Potter is about "heroism, wizards, true love, sacrifice, etc". I suggest not writing reviews as a living, unless you can control YOUR emotions and write an unbiased summary.

@open_mind_open_soul So you find the relationships in Twilight normal and non-abusive?

Ok, people miss the fact that these are fictional characters. Edward loved Bella loved Edward. You can't deny that because that's what they author said. It's like how Dumbledore is gay because the author said so.

Edward was concerned and went about things in a stupid way, but he wasn't abusive because he wasn't written to be abusive. If he was a real person then it would be a different story. But he's not.

Who said that a relationship between a vampire and a human would be normal? That's why it's a story.

@Slim_Shady Who said that a relationship between a vampire and a human would be normal? That's why it's a story.

...It should be obvious I wasn't talking about the vampire thing. He controls her and abuses her. He takes out her car cables to prevent her from going to see a friend. And it isn't even love, Meyer just said they were in love and suddenly they became obsessive.

@open_mind_open_soul It should be obvious I wasn't talking about the vampire thing. He controls her and abuses her. He takes out her...

He controls her and abuses her? He doesn't do anything, it's because she's a girl that she becomes as crazy as she is. And I don't recall him taking out car cables... what book was that in?

@Slim_Shady He controls her and abuses her? He doesn't do anything, it's because she's a girl that she becomes as crazy as she...

He took car cables out so that she wouldn't go to see Jacob. I believe it was in Eclipse. Now, please put the whole entire conversation to rest. I'm tired of getting notifications (unless the comments are actually interesting), and I'm sure all those who favorited agree. If you're a twilight fan, GOOD FOR YOU. If you're a HP fan, GOOD FOR YOU. I don't really care. I was just trying to make a funny post >.<

laureneli23s avatar laureneli23 Yeah You Are +8Reply

(Slim_Shady):He did it like 5 times in each book. More so in Eclipse. But their relationship is NOT HEALTHY.

@open_mind_open_soul (Slim_Shady):He did it like 5 times in each book. More so in Eclipse. But their relationship is NOT HEALTHY.

I don't think a relationship with a wizard who is the target of a whole group of other wizards is healthy either.

@Slim_Shady I don't think a relationship with a wizard who is the target of a whole group of other wizards is healthy either.

Um, yeah, it is. Putting ALL other aspects of the relationships aside, it's ridiculous to defend a dangerous relationship between a human and vampire, but say a relationship between 2 wizards is unhealthy.

Now, with the differences, the relationships in Harry Potter develop normally, and when they don't(ex. Ron and Lavendar, if you've even read them), they don't work out. But even the bad ones aren't as bad as the ones in Twilight. Harry Potter has examples of true love, and portrays the negative parts of untrue love.

Oh, and the couples are ALL under target most of the time, at least the ones that are real and end up together. Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Hermione are all targeted, as are Draco and whoever he ended up with(I forgot the name, I'll check the epilogue later).

@open_mind_open_soul Oh, and the couples are ALL under target most of the time, at least the ones that are real and end up together...

The couples are ONLY under target because of their connection with Harry, though. Anyone he is close to basically might die, therefore I wouldn't call that a very healthy relationship.

@960652

No, you helped haha. And exactly!

@960652

Bella is risking her life because she loves Edward...

.>

@open_mind_open_soul Um, no. All the students of Hogwarts were under danger. And everyone else too.

THEY'RE IN DANGER BECAUSE VOLDEMORT WANTS TO KILL HARRY SO HE GOES AFTER HOGWARTS!

@Slim_Shady THEY'RE IN DANGER BECAUSE VOLDEMORT WANTS TO KILL HARRY SO HE GOES AFTER HOGWARTS!

I thought the argument was about healthy relationships? Anyways, ALL WIZARDS were in danger because Voldemort wanted power. In fact, even muggles were in danger! Not because they simply knew Harry but because Voldemort is evil.

Bromeos avatar Bromeo Yeah You Are +5Reply

No shit. And Llamarama is right, they'd be killed just for being his classmates.

And again, you're arguing against your point with this too. Isn't Bella putting her beloved vampires in danger? And Edward's beinging the vampires to her? Dipshit.

And seriously, take a look at the differences between relationships in both books. The ones in Twilight are NOT healthy.

@Slim_Shady Except all these Harry Potter fans feel the need to take sides and blow smoke up each others asses about how much...

Nah. I don't like comparing the two unless someone else starts it. I just dislike Twilight and happen to like Harry Potter.

I used to be a Twilight fangirl, but then (thank god) I realised how pathetic it was. I agree with this post so much, and I haven't even read Harry Potter. So no, it's not about Harry Potter fans taking sides, they're just talking about their opinions. If you don't like it, don't read it, it's as simple as that.

yumchas avatar yumcha Yeah You Are +2Reply
@yumcha I used to be a Twilight fangirl, but then (thank god) I realised how pathetic it was. I agree with this post so...

Just saying, but Harry Potter is pretty much the best book for a recovering Twilight fan :P

Don't read what? Harry Potter? I have read it, and I like it just as much as Twilight. I just hate people hating on books, it's stupid.

@fangirl12 Will the real Slim Shady please shut up?

Will you suck my dick and let me jizz all over your face? Just looking at your name I know you're some stupid bitch.

I love how everyone bashing Twilight has obviously seen it (or read it) and dissected it piece by piece :) A little odd considering you hate it so much...

Lindss avatar Linds Yeah You Are +94Reply
@I love how everyone bashing Twilight has obviously seen it (or read it) and dissected it piece by piece :) A little...

(Your+name+(optional)): Yep. The developed hate is probably from excellent readers who refused to quit reading and thus can properly despise the books. If you only know the bare facts it's no fun to bash.

The reason I suffered through all four of those fucking books is because I have when people say they hate something that they've never given a chance. So I have that whole damn saga a chance and now I can say that it was a waste of my time.

Wunderscores avatar Wunderscore Yeah You Are +4Reply

Yes, that's much worse than not reading it and just jumping on the hate wagon without knowing the facts.

Hermione really had nothing to do with destroying that horcrux...

@Hermione really had nothing to do with destroying that horcrux...

(Your+name+(optional)): Yeah but she still tried to help Harry figure out how. She didn't just shut down and be a little bitch face.

StarKidSkys avatar StarKidSky Yeah You Are +93Reply

Draco should be hermiones true love not ron!!

@Draco should be hermiones true love not ron!!

Whoa there, this isn't fanfiction we're talking about...

Prosopagnosias avatar Prosopagnosia Yeah You Are +160Reply
@Prosopagnosia Whoa there, this isn't fanfiction we're talking about...

"And then Hermione and Draco embraced in a passionate kiss. 'Oh, you cannot do this, Draco. I'm not pureblood.'
'Oh, but Hermione, I need you...'"

midnightcookiess avatar midnightcookies Yeah You Are +34Reply

If we're talking about AVPM. But since searching the mundane British countryside for months isn't in the musical, we're not.

Merediths avatar Meredith Yeah You Are +46Reply

..... Because we ALL know that Draco didn't hide in his father's fanny pack and go back in time with NO alterior motive.;)

Flags_R_Uss avatar Flags_R_Us Yeah You Are +8Reply
Anonymous