+5,125

What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale? A northern fairytale begins "Once upon a time..." A southern fairytale begins "Y'all ain't gonna believe this shit". amirite?

CanadianPimps avatar Countries & Places
109 105
The voters have decided that CanadianPimp is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I tried not to laugh cuz I'm from the south but I couldn't help it. :/

@ABitDisconsolate I tried not to laugh cuz I'm from the south but I couldn't help it. :/

haha ikr :) im southern but this is still hilarious lol, and now i so have to say that next time i tell a story XD

made me laugh SOOO hard!!!!!!!!!!!

@sillysunshinexox made me laugh SOOO hard!!!!!!!!!!!

Same thing with me, but without the word "laugh"...

zatkid123s avatar zatkid123 Yeah You Are +1Reply

Hey look! Hell has wi-fi!!! Seriously, you're dead now. Get out of here deadman...

@Pedo_Bear Hey look! Hell has wi-fi!!! Seriously, you're dead now. Get out of here deadman...

That's what I was thinking xD How would he have added that if he's supposedly dead..

I live in Kentucky. That's the way we talk...it's true. Except I try to leave off the cuss words.

@I live in Kentucky. That's the way we talk...it's true. Except I try to leave off the cuss words.

(i<3luke): I live in Kentucky, too. We do sometimes talk like this. =)

PalindromeIsMes avatar PalindromeIsMe Yeah You Are +3Reply

Some of you people just fucking fail no smilie ...

It's an internet website, seriously, it's not a big deal, go outside.

i remember when this was a "just in" post. they grow up so fast.

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +13Reply

im deep in south and its not offensive cause it so true. We have the best stories :D

im from louisiana... and part of me wants to laugh really hard, but the other half wants to say stfu.... im undecided

Oh, the "Dead" guy gets POTD?

This was ripped, facebook group, and I've heard it on comedy central.

Taters avatar Tater No Way +11Reply

Everyone who is complaining needs to calm the fuck down, really.

Oh, so true.

this seriously made me laugh out loud, so true :D

Beautiful. Just f'n beautiful.

This is the best joke I've heard all week!

...some of our fairytales start the "normal" way, but most of the good ones start like that. Very funny.

Mr. Stealing-all-of-his-posts gets POTD.
It's a shame I noticed AFTER I voted.

:/

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Ohaaai Yea.. cause you can't change your vote..

I agree with the post, not the poster ;)

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Ohaaai Then stop complaining?

I would, but this guy has stolen all of his posts.
It's not fair that he gets POTD for something he stole and didn't give credit to

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are 0Reply
@bluegoddess You CAN change your vote, you know. Just click NW.

I know I can, but I agree with the post, not OP.
I probably should, anyway.

@Katffro I know I can, but I agree with the post, not OP. I probably should, anyway.

Then why is it shame you saw it AFTER you voted? Because... if you aren't going to change it anyway I don't see how it is a shame.

bluegoddesss avatar bluegoddess Yeah You Are -3Reply

Ya'll ain't gunna believe this shit, but i loved this whether or not its copied.

I don't mind if the joke is taken from somewhere--I just don't want it to be directly copied and pasted from that site where he normally takes stuff from.

wobbuffets avatar wobbuffet Yeah You Are +7Reply

I don't care if it's copied. If it was never copied, I would of never heard of it.

Peppergirl14s avatar Peppergirl14 Yeah You Are +6Reply

:D
this is awesome.

This made my day :D

I'm trying not to laugh but can't help it xD

oh my god oh my god i am laughing soooo hard!!!!! its not that i making fun of the south its just the way that they said it!!

Seriously? Seriously? SERIOUSLY??

@Previously_Sane Seriously? Seriously? SERIOUSLY??

If you're asking whether it's a joke or meant seriously then no, it is not.

Cool out, guys, because if he didn't steal it, we never would have heard it, so we should be thanking him for spreading the glee.

I'm from, and live in, Louisiana (check my profile), and I did not find the this the least bit offensive. HILARIOUS, and FAVE'd. :D Keep it comin', CanadianDude!

Brookieos avatar Brookieo Yeah You Are +5Reply

He got his post of the day and you didn't, thats life deal with it and get the sand out of your vaginas.

haahah, i live in tennessee & i dont have an accent, but this is so true.

This is hilarious. :D

this is true. omgg omggomgg

...I say this almost every time i tell a story, :P I'm southern. TRUE SOUTHERNS KNOW HOW TO LAUGH AT THEMSELVES!

Katyismes avatar Katyisme Yeah You Are +4Reply

funny!!!

WOW! this made me laugh my ass off!

love_L_s avatar love_L_ Yeah You Are +3Reply

Can someone confirm whether this is one of the posts he stole?

wobbuffets avatar wobbuffet Yeah You Are +3Reply
@wobbuffet Can someone confirm whether this is one of the posts he stole?

I've seen this way too many times for make to even laugh at it now. :/

But the point is that the joke is funny so it can be post of the day. No one else posted it before him so he gets the benefits.

@ChickenPanPie I can't lie... I used to watch it every now and then to see Kat Williams. Dude is funny as hell.

420Grrl +2Reply

Hey Man, your posts are pretty cool. I don't care if you copy them or repeat them or not they are funny to me. Don't worry about what people say to or about you--- it's all good.

noooooo not the Canadian pimp again

this has already been posted..... like 4 times...... kinda old by now....

your count is 4321, if people had any sense, they would leave this alone.

I don't know whether to laugh, or to go all Mississippi girl on you and "Be cusssin y'all northernin's out" as someone once put it.
I'll laugh.

And I'm still proud to be a Mississippi girl. Just sayin.

<i> italics </i>

that wasn't funny

omfg. you are awesome.

@loveissilly omfg. you are awesome.

He'd actually be awesome if he came up with his own posts rather than stealing them from other site/comedy-things :P

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +27Reply

LMFAOOOOO! HAHAHAHA! This is funnnnny! Stereotypical, but hella funny! Good one man! :D

-xoxo

Made my week

(=

Way to go funny man

OptimusPrime69s avatar OptimusPrime69 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Whoever actually came up with this is hilarious. Y'all cool down, because this is true. This is so true.

So funny, but so unoriginal

Is it bad that I laughed? I'm staying up late, it's already 6 am, and I laughed like crazy. Thank god my mom didn't hear me.

Almost highest rated

garrettruskamps avatar garrettruskamp Yeah You Are 0Reply

This was made back in June, why is everyone saying he couldn't have posted it if he was dead?

Funny, but the followup kind of ruined it

Nice recovery man! Keep it coming!!! <3

This post is so not true. Living in Virginia, this is just a bunch of shit. We do not start our fairy tales like that, we start them like "once upon a time" or "Once in a land, far, far away,". That's how the black people say it. No respectable southerner would actually say that.

@This post is so not true. Living in Virginia, this is just a bunch of shit. We do not start our fairy tales like...

CHILL YO BISQUITS. it's a joke xD I live in Virginia too and Im not mad ;D besides theyre talking about states that have accents like that, like north Carolina where my grandpa and a lot of my other relatives are from(: I respect your opinion, but it was a joke and no harm was meant

repost :p

squittypuppys avatar squittypuppy Yeah You Are -2Reply

Way to copy this...

its not really origanal i have gotten this joke in a bunch of different emails...

well, surprisingly enough, that's not exactly true. Southerns say Once upon a time just like everybody else. Rednecks would be saying..something else. There is actually a difference.

WOW NICE RIP OFF YOU ASS WHOLE this is from Wild N' Out on MTV2

how did this get POTD?

@amiwriter how did this get POTD?

The mods or Anthony made it Post of The day, obviously.

Hannah_s avatar Hannah_ Yeah You Are +11Reply

i belive its actually 'a southern fairytale begins with 'yo mother fuckers you aint gonne belive this shit!'

ohhh wait thats a black fairy tale!my bad

wow , how would you know, Damn canadians