Favvkess avatar
281 129

I like this idea, but it must be thought out very carefully. I don't think that a kid choking on one of Barbie's shoes is going to help sell more Barbies.

Fitzkriegs avatar Fitzkrieg Yeah You Are +126Reply
@Fitzkrieg I like this idea, but it must be thought out very carefully. I don't think that a kid choking on one of Barbie's...

Then the family could visit Chuck Testa's Taxidermy shop to buy a realistic looking fake coyote, and then go over to Appliance direct to meet that really loud Asian man and his equally loud wife. It'd be a legend among commercials, we'd all be like "Dumb show, get back to the commercial already!"

@Favvkes haha. yeah. oops

On the other hand, it would be okay if she choked on "the leading brand"

Fitzkriegs avatar Fitzkrieg Yeah You Are +130Reply
@Fitzkrieg On the other hand, it would be okay if she choked on "the leading brand"

okay okay how about instead the mom gets a call on her blackberry from St Mary's about how the kids' grandmother just died of cancer. everybody cries and uses Kleenex with lotion. yes. this is a winner.

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +77Reply

It would be cool if they continued the story in the next break.
"Will the Charmin Bears ever learn to wipe their butts without leaving pieces behind? Tune it next commercial break to find out."

God_the_Almightys avatar God_the_Almighty Yeah You Are +87Reply
@God_the_Almighty It would be cool if they continued the story in the next break. "Will the Charmin Bears ever learn to wipe their...

It would suck though if you were more interested in the commercial then the actual show. The show now turns into a commercial, and you proceed to curse at the TV because My Big Fat Greek Wedding takes up most of the 2 hour long time slot.

lol It would be like a mini tv show in between shows.

ThisBlackChicks avatar ThisBlackChick Yeah You Are +77Reply

I mean, the only logical thing to do after a near death experience is to go to Applebee's, right?

Applebee's: If you've just recently almost died, we're here to serve you up something fried!

CapedCrusaders avatar CapedCrusader Yeah You Are +45Reply
@CapedCrusader I mean, the only logical thing to do after a near death experience is to go to Applebee's, right? Applebee's: If...

At TGIF I almost died choking on a mozzarella stick. The cheese got stuck onto my braces while I swallowed it, so half of it was in my throat and the other half was still stuck to a bracket. Now I'm not allowed to eat cheese sticks any more. /:

SmileyTaras avatar SmileyTara Yeah You Are +4Reply

I would enjoy that a hell lot more than regular commercials :)

but yeah boobs are pretty great.

Isn't that basically product placement in your shows? I'd be in favor of that in my TV shows and movies rather than have advertisements interrupt them.

DontJudges avatar DontJudge Yeah You Are +13Reply
@DontJudge Isn't that basically product placement in your shows? I'd be in favor of that in my TV shows and movies rather than...

i thought about that, but i think that would actually hugely distract from your shows. these commercials would still talk about a lot of the information talked about in normal commercials today. the companies wouldnt be satisfied with just product appearance.

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Favvkes i thought about that, but i think that would actually hugely distract from your shows. these commercials would...

I think they did it in the first Transformers with Chevrolet. I remember it being on TV with no commercial breaks... not quite certain it was because of the product placement, but I think it was. It's a valid point that other products that need some explanation of why they're better or how they work would need commercials, but personally I think that just seeing characters the viewers love using a product would be enough reason for the average American to buy something. Admittedly, it would be pretty difficult to make a product fit into any show and then it would be in that show forever. It would probably make pricing the advertising space close to impossible... This turned out to be a lot more complicated than I thought, and is probably why they don't do it.

DontJudges avatar DontJudge Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Tl; dr

So why did you comment?

@Raven So why did you comment?

Clearly so I could let them know I didn't read it, because of the longness. Why else? The comment was pretty self explanatory.

@Raven So why did you comment?

to teach DontJudge a lesson

@to teach DontJudge a lesson

You should apply for a job as a school teacher, as many lessons you teach.

WOW! this is so naturally written it is like you went through this yourself

ScoobyDoos avatar ScoobyDoo Yeah You Are +9Reply

Haha yeah that would be so cool :)

madibs avatar madib Yeah You Are +8Reply
@1381589

---> favorite button
:P

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +13Reply
@Favvkes ---> favorite button :P

Let's not get carried away here!

That would be a douche thing to say.

Shadis avatar Shadi Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Shadi Let's not get carried away here! That would be a douche thing to say.

I love to eat fried chicken!

That would be something a black man would say.

@amiritesucksnow I love to eat fried chicken! That would be something a black man would say.

I love to eat fried chicken!

That would be something JewishDoggy would say

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +10Reply

I would also be cool if they aired that giant commercial at 5 in the morning so we could go through the day commercial free.

@They do those. They're called "infomercials".

those only include one product. though, i do think ASWCC's idea wouldn't work because company's pay top dollar so that their commercials are shown at a time when a lot of people are guaranteed to see it

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +9Reply
@1559755

They did say 5 in the morning.

What would happen if, say, Allstate, Geico, and Statefarm all wanted to be in the commercial?
Then the whole thing would be just arguing about who has cheaper insurance...

@PercyGnaw What would happen if, say, Allstate, Geico, and Statefarm all wanted to be in the commercial? Then the whole thing...

And so the black man battled the gecko/lizard/mini-Godzilla until death while the band is playing in the background.

@And so the black man battled the gecko/lizard/mini-Godzilla until death while the band is playing in the background.

Allstate Mayhem Guy:
I'm the random bystander who jumps in the fight for fun's sake, and throws you against your car window. Car window is now smashed to bits. Are you covered, or did you choose your own rates? Make sure you're in good hands, get Allstate!

Or it could be like a disaster movie of all the horrible things that happen when you buy the generic products. Somebody brings store brand pepsi to a party, the party goers beat him up and trash his car and he goes broke because his insurance didn't cover it. He tries to find a job but he looks in the paper instead snagajob.com and ends up homeless, living in a box, but it starts to rain and his box dissolves because it wasn't from UPS.
But then at the next commercial break, his luck turns around! He finds a scratch off ticket from the new york lottery and wins big! He goes on a spending spree, buys a mercedes benz, brand name clothes, and a boatload of genuine Pepsi. He goes back to the people who beat him up and buys them all the newest iphone so they all feel guilty about beating him, then he takes a vacation to Hawaii by flying Jet blue.

I wouldn't mind watching that commercial.

ahaha very creative i like it!! xD

Dangels avatar Dangel Yeah You Are +5Reply

*going out to State Farm to get a discount double check.
Because that's what Aaron Rodgers gets.

As long as Sarah Mclachlan has no say in the song chosen for the commercial, i'm all for it!!! y smilie

Imagine this commercial: You wake up in the morning, shower using Dove soap, brush your teeth with Colgate, eat Cheerios, and drive to your job at State Farm in your Mercedes Benz. At work, you drink Folger's coffee, and eat lunch at Subway. On your way home, you stop at Target to buy an iPhone. At home, you watchNFL football using DirectTV, and end your day with a Manwich dinner.

@Imagine this commercial: You wake up in the morning, shower using Dove soap, brush your teeth with Colgate, eat...

it needs a plot. though it would be interesting just to see how many brand-name products you can fit in one commercial hmm smilie

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +3Reply

And after eating your Manwich dinner, you go to your room on your SleepTrain mattress, lay in your new Joe Boxer Pajamas, and read a novel on your Kindle Fire. As you nestle down, you set your Sony alarm clock, and sleep. However, you can't sleep, so you take Lunesta and finally sleep peacefully.

Lazynezs avatar Lazynez Yeah You Are +2Reply

I'm going to film an 'Ultimate Cimmercial of Badass Proportions'

-I'll be sure to credit Favveks and Anonymous at the end. smile smilie

I work at State Farm!

@kelseyisherr I work at State Farm!

....................................................................................this is the reply button ^

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +1Reply

I have ready many posts on this site. This won wins the award for best post ive read.

OffbeatToasters avatar OffbeatToaster Yeah You Are +1Reply

Boobs.

@Boobs.

Where?

Clementiness avatar Clementines Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Boobs.

Already been said. ^^^^^

Long ass commercial...

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are -7Reply
@Serg Long ass commercial...

thats kind of the point -.-

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +47Reply
@Favvkes thats kind of the point -.-

Well, yeah, but you know those 1 minute commercials that annoy you to no end? Well instead it will be like a mini show that you have to see over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over. To prevent it from getting tiresome, advertisers would have to get together every week or so, and create another long commercial together.

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +28Reply
@Serg Well, yeah, but you know those 1 minute commercials that annoy you to no end? Well instead it will be like a mini...

hmmm. you have a point. but there are a lot of different commercial products out there, therefore there would be serveral different long commercials, not just one.

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +38Reply
@Favvkes hmmm. you have a point. but there are a lot of different commercial products out there, therefore there would be...

True, but unless they were constantly creating new ads, you'd end up cycling through them eventually, and when you did it would be almost infinitely worse than seeing a shorter one twice.

@Favvkes but it'd be easy to tell when commercial break was over

Good point, whenever I'm watching television, one of my biggest problems is not knowing when the commercial break has ended. Somehow, the characters on the show and fact that they aren't promoting anything never tips me off.

@Courage_Wolf Good point, whenever I'm watching television, one of my biggest problems is not knowing when the commercial break...

it's annoying when you're fast-forwarding and you want to stop at the end of the commercial break

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Favvkes it's annoying when you're fast-forwarding and you want to stop at the end of the commercial break

That sounds like a minor convenience for somebody who is able to skip commercials, compared to a major annoyance for people who are forced to watch the same long boring commercials time and time again.

@KirstenAnn It'd be like watching reruns.

Reruns with shoddy plots and badly designed characters designed solely for the purpose of making money. Maybe like watching reruns of Friends. Plus, there wouldn't be that many, so it would be like watching a rerun of a show you hated a dozen times.

Yay I'm really happy I got POTD :) this is the best thing that has ever happened in my life. Everrr. I love you all :) <3

@THAT_Girl doubt* nope, y'all aren't her type.

What do you mean by "y'all" and "type"?
I'm not asking her out on a date, I'm saying shes tolling us.

Kashishs avatar Kashish Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Yay I'm really happy I got POTD :) this is the best thing that has ever happened in my life. Everrr. I love you all...

I love you too whisper I won't tell the rest of the amiriters that you love me the most

Davidplantes avatar Davidplante Yeah You Are +1Reply
Anonymous